Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Passenger window fix

rickprice

Monza
Folks, some advice please.

My passenger window has the annoying feature that it will only go 'auto-up' from about half way closed. This means that you have to close the window by holding the button.

Not so on the drivers side.

OPC say it's a safety feature so I can't strangle a small child.

Does anyone know, is it controlled electronically (module) or by a simple relay? My thinking is that if it is the latter I can swap the passenger relay for a driver relay to get similar function.

Anybody know?

Cheers

Rich

I'd say it's a module, as comfort close is a feature you programme on or off. I just release the switch after halfway up.

Mine does exactly the same, I thought it was a thought so mentioned it to OPC when it went in last week, they had a look and said it wasn't a fault !!!

Swamps :)

Quote from your manual that everyone has read, haven't they?

One-touch operation
Press the rocker switch upwards or
downwards to the second stage.
Window moves to its final position.
Press again to stop the window in the desired
position.
One-touch operation for closing the passenger's
window is available once the window is approximately
half-way closed.

I realise it is designed that way - what I want to know is whether it can be re-programmed or a relay change so that it acts like the drivers side?

Anything is possible, you just have to decide is the gain worth the effort :dont know:

There is no relay , its a control unit which is coded .

Technically you could code the passenger side as a LHD car ... ( this would reverse the options ... no idea if this would make it work or is indeed possible but i think it is) ..you would need to try it to see if its possible due to it being a software issue ... you would need to try it and see what happens basically .

LHD would make it the same as the RHD but on the passenger side .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back