Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fault codes

AndyS

Hello all.
I bought a T-OBD tool last week, and as the weather was crap this morning went to give it a go - but now have a couple of questions about the ScanTool software, and I can't find a help file for this anywhere.....

I had 5 faults listed under 'Climate Control' - though I'm pretty sure some of these are historic, as I changed the foot-well mixing flap servo's years ago.

1. Are you supposed to clear all codes first and then run all systems to see if any more codes are generated?

2. Does anyone know what the other buttons do?
- ECU Inputs
- Test Outputs
- Actual Values

Cheers all

Thanks Ch3tman - yes, I went through all these but I think there's a lot more you can do - but I just can't find that documented anywhere.

Anyway, I took a punt and cleared all the codes.
I then took a drive, and used all the HVAC bits and then connected again.
I now have just one fault showing.
I then tried using the "Test Outputs" button, and it went through 24 separate tests of all the HVAC functions (pretty clever the way you can hear all the servos and fans operating independently).
I then refreshed the codes and am left with just this one. Anyone know what this means?

Attachments

• capture2_139.jpg
    capture2_139.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 4,274
Hi,

I haven't got the T-OBD but I wasn't always getting fresh air through the air vents a few years back so changed the motor back in 2011. It was an intermittent fault. It had been "not available" for a while but then it was back in stock. It was an easy change and if I remember rightly, on Tore B's web site he tells you how to do it. You can see in the pics the tracking connectors had burnt out.

ATB :)

Attachments

• alim0232_606.jpg
    alim0232_606.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 4,195
  • alim0233_111.jpg
    alim0233_111.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 4,195
  • alim0236_928.jpg
    alim0236_928.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 4,195
ch3tman said:
If you're unsuccessful with finding a new part, here is a back up option :

http://www.partisan-autoteile.de/ep...=/Shops/63440784/Products/"964 624 901 00-AT"

I've ordered from Michael at Partisan-Autoteile before and can confirm he's a genuine guy.

Thanks for that. New will be silly money - 2nd hand from DVB etc will be a shot in the dark - so €200 seems reasonable for a swap recon with 2 year warranty.
Was the turnaround time quick enough? I'll need to pull the old one and take the car off the road while I wait for the replacement....

AndyS said:
ch3tman said:
If you're unsuccessful with finding a new part, here is a back up option :

http://www.partisan-autoteile.de/ep...=/Shops/63440784/Products/"964 624 901 00-AT"

I've ordered from Michael at Partisan-Autoteile before and can confirm he's a genuine guy.
Thanks for that. New will be silly money - 2nd hand from DVB etc will be a shot in the dark - so €200 seems reasonable for a swap recon with 2 year warranty.
Was the turnaround time quick enough? I'll need to pull the old one and take the car off the road while I wait for the replacement....
Looking back at emails in 2016, my servo order was dispatched within 24hrs. The rest is in the hands of the delivery network! I will add, that a recent T-LIGHT order from Bergvill took 3.5 weeks to arrive - that's no reflection on Tore who dispatched it within 24hrs, but maybe highlights increased customs activity these days? Something to keep in mind when ordering items outside of the UK in current times...

Hi All.
Has anyone here changed this fresh air flap servo without removing the firewall?

I read the Pelican Parts guide, but don't fancy removing the firewall. I took a look today - hoping I could get it out and send for swap, but didn't even attempt it 'cos I couldn't figure how you would get to the pin underneath with the firewall in place.

Is it even possible?

At least I managed to fit the new RS cubby and moved the sunroof switch instead :lol:

Any advice would be much appreciated.....

Cheers.

Just bougt one of theseT-OBD readers myself so hoping that will enable me to turn off my airbag light. Good value I thought.

Also hoping to test my HVAC functions :)

Trev

AndyS said:
Thanks Ch3tman - yes, I went through all these but I think there's a lot more you can do - but I just can't find that documented anywhere.

Anyway, I took a punt and cleared all the codes.
I then took a drive, and used all the HVAC bits and then connected again.
I now have just one fault showing.
I then tried using the "Test Outputs" button, and it went through 24 separate tests of all the HVAC functions (pretty clever the way you can hear all the servos and fans operating independently).
I then refreshed the codes and am left with just this one. Anyone know what this means?

I thought the same on info available, i'm used to the VagCom tool for VAG where there is loads of info to support. There is scant material on the 993 tool, guess that's because there are few users. Have been a little scared to use any of the undocumented areas just incase you can screw up codings or activate an airbag in ya face :)

You have indeed a faulty fresh air servo.
This is fairly easy to change, and is done in 5-10 minutes. Remove electric connector, slightly lift the catch flap to pull out. Remove the three fastening screws. Use a small screwdriver or punch to press the main metal output shaft down and out of the servo housing. Remove servo, and use a flat screwdriver to unclip the metal flap rod from the servo arm fastener.

When installing a new servo, do NOT manually rotate the servo arm. First, connect it to the car harness, turn on the ignition and set to minimum temperature on the CCU. The servo arm then rotates to a position where it is possible to reinsert to the metal frame underneath. When the servo is in place and fastened, turn off the ignition to make the servo arm rotate to the forward pointing position. It is a bit fiddly to clip on the flap rod to the servo arm, but I use a L-shaped tool to pull it up into the lock clip. Be sure to rotate the plastic clip so the recess accepts the metal rod.

I always read out all CCU fault codes first, note, and clear them. Disconnect the tool, and use all HVAC knobs for a while, then read out codes again. Any reappearing codes point to a faulty servo or fan.

The Scantool software is not very good at enabling the Drive Link and Actual values (actuator maneuvering and sensor readings) in the Climate Control Unit.
The functions also depends on the control unit version, there is about 4 versions used in the 964 and 993 series. The software developer did not implement a good interface to control or monitor this.

There are no hidden functions in Scantool, what you see in the windows is what you get. There is no full user manual.

Cheers,
Tore

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back