Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

718s quicker than GT4 on track

NineExcellence

Albert Park
Well of course it needs a few tweaks here and there but we beat Walter Rohrl time in the GT4 around the Portamio circuit in testing last month which for a little old 4 pot 718s is not a bad result.

https://youtu.be/eU4bAdryLUU

We set a time a shade over 2;03 on the day, probably could have dialled in a little more camber as well to help, but on the same day 991gt3rs was 2;00 around the circuit as a comparison. Think about this - only 3 seconds off an RS time.

So take one 718s, add our performance pack including suspension set up, brakes (if you have steels) and you have a track car that is very capable.

I think once prices drop on the 718s, we will see a lot more of these cars being used on track given how capable they are.

We retained the stock Porsche PASM Sport suspension and added a custom DSC, plus some arms for more aggressive set up. On track that was very controlled, but I do think changing to a firm spring like the R&T Ohlin set up would give more, but only if you were really wanting to extract that little bit extra.

Brakes are a new combination we have of a race pad that we have been testing for over a year along with girodiscs. SRF fluid etc.

On the tuning side, I created a track map, that focused on a little more grunt between 60-100mph from coming out of corners.

All in all a good and successful 2 days of testing.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Ken

very impressive, I think youre right about Cayman/718's being the new world track car :thumb:

ragpicker said:
Sounds incredible!

Any engine/turbo changes or is it all done in the tune?
It has a Kline 100 cell downpipe and also the Kline exhaust system. The downpipe makes the power and gives the extra noise - the Kline exhaust system just refines it a bit.

I have also fitted Akrapovic exhaust system to other 718 although with a Kline 100 cell downpipe.

We all know the so called issues with the noise. All I can say is that I took out several customers on track they were surprised by the noise that it was not as bad as they had been led to believe. It is never going to sound like a 981 for sure.

As to the engine and other components, nothing. Just exhaust and tuning to get the power.

Ken

That is a fantastic time Ken. Very impressive. Well done to all at 9e

Sounds amazing for a 4 pot! And Ken, I know you don't like to talk about power / torque figures - but please tell me it's knocking out well over 400bhp ....

:bye:

Mad Mark911 said:
Sounds amazing for a 4 pot! And Ken, I know you don't like to talk about power / torque figures - but please tell me it's knocking out well over 400bhp ....

:bye:
Yes it is :grin: well over actually

We have run out of pump now on the car - I cannot give it anymore power - we have done 6000 test miles now on the engine without a single issue on the 4 pot 2.5l most of which has been flat out on track or on the roads in Europe.

The next step might be a hybrid vtg and swop a 991.2 pump in. However at it currently level it is more than enough for most.

We finished a base (2l) 718 recently and that has over 400ps.

Ken

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back