Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Track Day Insurance & Nurburgring Insurance Query

cheekyone

Silverstone
:help:

TRACK DAY Insurance - (For both track days & normal public road use)

1) Anyone know of an annual car Insurance policy provider that does not have 10% vehicle value access if you have an off on track ?

NàœRBURGRING Insurance

2) Nürburgring Insurance - Anyone have this/recommendations please ?

Many thanks :thumb: :thumb:

:popcorn:

Re: TRACK DAY Insurance & NàœRBURGRING Insurance QUERY

cheekyone said:
1) Anyone know of an annual car Insurance policy provider that does not have 10% vehicle value access if you have an off on track ?

I suspect that you will be facing tumbleweed city here as the 10% on-track excess has been pretty much standard since time immemorial for every provider of track day cover that I have ever heard of.
:weed:

cheekyone said:
2) Nürburgring Insurance - Anyone have this/recommendations please ?

The last I heard, the ManningUK policy would still cover track days there subject to an extra per-day charge, but if you were after explicit cover during public sessions I think that it is still a universal no (and if the worse happens a legal spat with your Insurance company).

Haven't done it for few years though, so hopefully someone currently in the loop can update you with the current situation.

What Disco said

10% is the norm and Ring Insurance only covers official track days at the Ring and not the public Touristenfahrten

I hear it is cheaper to rent a 911 at a local car rental place with full Insurance than it is to insure a U.K. Car for the ring. Can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks everyone for responding - Much appreciated :thumbs: :lol:

Think I might end up going back to Manning from sounds of it as the best option

Friend advised me Manning will cover you at the ring but only if if organised track day with either Circuit days or Destination Nurberg - (Will put a call into Manning & find out what the access is)

Winny911 said:
I hear it is cheaper to rent a 911 at a local car rental place with full Insurance than it is to insure a U.K. Car for the ring. Can anyone confirm this?

Good shout :lol: :lol:

Winny911 said:

I doubt that would be the case.

Even a basic car like a Clio, GTi etc costs £600 for 6 laps and the Insurance excess is £9,000.

I suspect it would be 2 or 3 times both of those figures for a 911.

The biggest issue is finding a UK company that would cover you for 'The Ring' at all.

cheekyone said:
Winny911 said:

Good shout :lol: :lol:

No it's not, and when you look at the excess on the policy it's really scary

Winny911 said:

As others have said above: It really isn't, especially when you consider that the excess on 'ring rentals follows the "you bend it, you mend it" fiscal model. The excess for even a Cayman is capped at 50,000 Euros :eek:

The cheapest option for driving a Porsche on the 'ring is probably to buy the cheapest mechanically sound 986 that you can get your hands on and not insure it for track use - prices (theoretically at least) start below £4k. If you break it your losses are capped at its value and if you don't you can subsequently sell on for at least most of what you paid for it. If you aren't especially experienced around the circuit it will still be all of the car that you need...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back