Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

5 seater 911 ?

sideways

Monza
Just returned from a 140 mile trip to the in-laws, 4 up with the 7 and 3 year olds in the back and boot full of their crap.
No issues apart from a slightly bent driving position (I'm 6 foot 3).

It got me thinking as I passed 2 Mclaren's, which looked amazing, that I can't think of a car with the 911's performance I'd rather be in when I need 4 seats.
I'm sure I could fit 5 at a push....

Attachments

• d128ddca_467c_4237_907c_c1b90acf5d66_193.jpeg
    d128ddca_467c_4237_907c_c1b90acf5d66_193.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 2,354
0Awesome!.. couldn't agree more. It's a very practical family car. (love the photo

Great pic! We've had similar excursions in our 911s over the years.

The practicality of them is an often missed attribute- every time I see the phrase to effect of 'xx's new 911 beater' in the press they are almost invariably 2 seaters.

Robertb said:
Great pic! We've had similar excursions in our 911s over the years.

The practicality of them is an often missed attribute- every time I see the phrase to effect of 'xx's new 911 beater' in the press they are almost invariably 2 seaters.
That's exactly my thought as well.
I read most reviews for similar focused cars and whilst I get tempted by the style/noise/handling, inevitably I realise I won't be able to use the car as a daily. I often have to pick up or drop kids at short notice and it leaves me with a 911 or going more* GT.

*yes the 992 is way more GT already than a 993 or 997!! :thumb:

6appeal said:
0Awesome!.. couldn't agree more. It's a very practical family car. (love the photo
I also got more than 30mpg each way. It felt soooo wrong!!
It helped having the speed limiter sitting in the left hand seat. :hand:

My sister-in-laws dad had 911's form the early 70's. He used to take himself and 4 kids to Poland and back in them most summers. Yep.....one had to sit on the hump in the middle at the back...... :drive: now that is old skool !

Why stop at 5.

:D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back