Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 owner - confused with Dension Bluetooth

adamlufbra

Hi!

I have just bought a 56 plate Carrera S, my first 911 so just getting to know the car :)

The car has the Dension 500 unit with a "POR-BLU1" adaptor - I believe this means I should be able to stream Bluetooth music but I can't work out how, not sure if I need another bit of kit.

I have looked online at the Dension owners manual but it is not 100% clear and I can get "AUX GW" but no Bluetooth.

I have some images of the relevant bits:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-4iQxeLYJwAusFUYJvR6vDI6vXTB1_08

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Many thanks,
Adam

I have one of these in mine.

To use Bluetooth, I have to change the source from AUX GW to the other one (can't remember what the source name is).

On mine, the Dension is plumbed in through the CD changer box in the frunk and the source is accessed by going to the menu on CD 6 via the Audio tab on the PCM.

I'm not with the car at the moment so can't send you screenshots unfortunately. If you're still struggling tomorrow let me know and I can try and get some pics up.

Thanks for the help!

I think the Bluetooth module connected to the Dension is broken, I can get to the AUX in menu but no sound. I believe I have the Dension 500 solution (no inbuilt Bluetooth but it can be added via the AUX input)

I have emailed Dension and they recommended the following:

"Great news, I can confirm that the Bovee WMA1000 works correctly with the Dension Gateway 500 via the 30pin ipod connector to provide bluetooth audio! If you have any customers who ask, this device works. I'm able to change the song via my CDR-23 head unit."

Hopefully this might help anyone else who has this unit.

Thanks!
Adam

Change the head unit, much easier. I had a connects2 kit in mine with an ipod connection, but it was still awful to use and couldn't cope with more than about 50 albums on my ipod, I have about 400 on there......

Changed to a Pioneer SPH DA120 about 3 years ago, but there are plenty of head units with right up to date tech including carplay and android auto.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back