Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alloy Wheel Help...

Simon W

Anyone got any thoughts on what | can buy from Amazon to DIY fix / paint / repair the below..?
Blew it off with a pressure washer!
Don't want to get the wheels refurbed - they'll only get wrecked again - but would like some kind of paint stick to fill the colour and try and glue the edges down....
Thoughts?

IMG-0858-800.jpg

If you aren't too bothered, then buy a silver touch-up paint from Halfords and keep painting over it to build it up. Finish off with some lacquer, making sure it overlaps the original paint to stop it lifting again. I did this to mine, as you say its good enough for daily use.

I dare say if you took a brave pill, watched some relevant videos on YouTube you could get a much better result by masking the rest of the wheel and tyre, wet-sanding and spraying, blending in the finish then finishing off with spray lacquer.

Thanks both for the input.
Robertb - nice idea, but I just don't have it in me. I'm not good with a spray can - will end up with silver tyres / hands / child.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back