Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Cayenne 2009 Diesel

o.nunn

Hi

I'm having trouble with what I believe to be something to do with the dif as when I try and flick the switch in to the motorway mode..nothing happens.
Is the red light supposed to come on and is there supposed to be a four wheel drive symbol on the dashboard?

I get a serious vibrating at 40mph and cannot go any faster because of noise and vibration gets worst. Does anyone know what my problem might be.

So far I've changed the transfer box actuator but this has made no difference whatsoever.

Thank you

A little difficult to diagnose i'm afraid .. any fault codes ?

look in tip and transfer box for codes .

It could be anything from the propshaft center bearing breaking up to a transfer box fault .

You should get an illumination for diff lock as well so that's not quite correct .. i'm afraid i need codes or something to go on .

Location in the country ?

We are located in Kent on the Isle of Sheppey. We are getting the symbols diff lock and also it goes into long lock but doesn't seem to go into motorway mode.
There are three small light indicators on the diff controller switch but only the two front lights have ever come on and the first light has never come on. Is this supposed to light up in motorway mode?

It does drive perfectly when you sit with the engine running in park and four wheel symbol comes in yellow on the dashboard and it makes a small bing sound when it comes on then you can drive a car and its faultless. But when you turn the ignition off and start and car again you are faced with the same problem as previously mentioned.

Thank you for your time reading our post and hope it gives you some insight into what we are having difficulties with.

that rotary dial on the left manages the locking differentials and low-range gearbox

switching back to the 'bottom' road setting de-activates the low-range gearbox

i'm afraid you will need a fault code read out of the tip / transfer box to give me an indication of what the possible fault might be .. without a tester then this is a garage job .. they will probably tell you what the fault is but i can advise if i have the codes .

porsche Cayenne 2009 Diesel

Could you please tell me what the tip is as I'm not mechanically minded.

Thank you

Re: porsche Cayenne 2009 Diesel

o.nunn said:
Could you please tell me what the tip is as I'm not mechanically minded.

Thank you

Have you taken this to a Garage to understand the fault codes and a solution ?

Porcche Cayenne 2009 diesel

Good news! After fitting the new diff lock switch the diffs locked out and now the car drive perfect.

We suspect someone spilled drinks as the cup holders right behind the with and this went through and damaged circuit boards.

Thank you again for all your help!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back