Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car forgetting key

[email protected]

Hi, can anyone advise why after about a week I cant use the key fob to remotely open my 996 turbo, instead I have to manually use the key to open the door. The alarm goes off and then when I turn the car over it turns off the alarm. The key will then work for about another week. The batteries in the key fobs have been changed. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Cheer Paul

:welcome:

Isn't this just a low power mode :dont know:

Remember my car doing this ages ago, you have to also turn the key in the ignition within about 5 seconds or the alarm will go off.

Have a search on here, the answer will be there I am sure :thumb:

What car you got dude :dont know:

This sounds normal. After a week of being locked up, the car goes into sleep mode. It is woken up by unlocking the car manually with the key. However, you must get to ignition point I within about 5 -10 secs or the alarm will sound. from this point, the key remote will work.

If you don't get in within 5 -10 secs, the alarm will sound, but go off at position I or beyond. What you describe sounds normal operation.

If I leave mine for a week I get the usual non working remote as the car has gone to sleep as it should, I unlock the car with the key and then turn the ignition on and all is well again but on the odd occasion when I unlock the door after it has gone to sleep the alarm goes off until I cancel it by turning the ignition on.

Del.

Hi, can anyone advise why after about a week I cant use the key fob to remotely open my 996 turbo, instead I have to manually use the key to open the door. The alarm goes off and then when I turn the car over it turns off the alarm. The key will then work for about another week. The batteries in the key fobs have been changed. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Cheer Paul

Its normal and its what we class as full shut down mode .

you unlock with the key after 5 days then you have 10 seconds to turn on the ignition before the alarm triggers .. after that the fob will work fine until its left for another 5 days .

Its a method for saving the life of the battery .

On my 2001 C4 I could also 'wake" the car by turning the key in the door lock (unlock / lock). Then it would respond to the fob.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back