Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PEC in August

991.2GTS

Imola
Just booked in to the PEC for early August. I managed to get two invites, one for the Macan and another for the 991.2. They've let me relinquish both and take a guest with me. And the best thing is, they've let my guest have his choice of car, and we can swap half way through the track time. So we've gone with the 992 C4S. Can't wait, will be good to compare the 991.2 C4 GTS back to back against the 992 C4S.

That will be fun. I've done the PEC about 4 times and loved every moment - even better when shared with a mate / partner. Of course the more times you do it, the more you learn the short track and the more you unnerve the instructors! :)

Mad Mark911 said:
That will be fun. I've done the PEC about 4 times and loved every moment - even better when shared with a mate / partner. Of course the more times you do it, the more you learn the short track and the more you unnerve the instructors! :)

It's my first time, and after nearly having a rather embarrassing and catastrophic 'event' coming off a roundabout in the wet last week, I need all the instruction I can get. :oops:

It's a really great day. I guarantee you and your buddy will love it :thumbs:

It's a bit like skiing, if you never fall over, you're not trying hard enough ....

However, my advice to get the best out of the instructors, is to start slow, learn the lines and bit by bit start to brake a bit later and get on the gas a bit earlier. They'll probably spend quite a bit of time getting your inputs smoother, which in itself makes you safer and faster ....

Mad Mark911 said:
It's a bit like skiing, if you never fall over, you're not trying hard enough ....

However, my advice to get the best out of the instructors, is to start slow, learn the lines and bit by bit start to brake a bit later and get on the gas a bit earlier. They'll probably spend quite a bit of time getting your inputs smoother, which in itself makes you safer and faster ....

Thanks, I'm certainly going there to learn. I can't wait.

Did it on Friday, soooooo good! And the 992 was so rapid and progressive in all ways. Great tyre screeching fun.

Fascinating the different types of launch control between Normal, Sports and Soorts plus modes.

The grip of the Carrera 2S was immense! So hard to get it to lose traction, and you have to be brutal with the inputs to get it to.

The surprise of the day was that the car was more stable in Normal mode, than wet mode, on the wet kick plate. As when you pass over it, if you lift off, you get lift off oversteer, so a gentle steady throttle in normal mode and catching it with the steering and you remain steady... do it it wet mode and it backs off your throttle and induces a lift off oversteer!!! We tried it a number of times in both and it was consistent in the results! Lol. Admittedly it's a very specific circumstance and in theory Wet mode would've prevented the original element of losing the back end in the first place.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back