Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anybody know the black 996 GT3 at Premier GT?

difficult to know without the REG,

but if youre looking for a daily I know of a mint Black 997 GT3 comfort (46k on the clock) up for a shade over £70k if youre interested, PM me if interested

I don't know it but it looks ace. 8)

As long as it is 04 reg. if it's 54 then check reg numbers past and present as a 54 reg one was damaged on track a few years ago. Advert says 04 though so it shouldn't be that one.

Check all the usual 996 stuff plus any GT3 stuff, so what suspension is it on? Exhausts and rads not rotten, diff rebuild, age, type and tread of tyres, etc etc. I'm sure you know the craic.

Personally I'd rather have one with buckets, cage, etc as you can always sell or store them. Same for suspension, I'd rather see good aftermarket stuff as it's something I'd want to do anyway.

It's good to know the one you buy is unmolested though so I can see the attraction there too.

Good luck. :thumb:

Interesting that dealer has a section entitled 'Investment Cars'.

It's about time we had a period of high interest rates, just to see how that affects the high end car market. Some of these cars then actually might get driven.

Y2K said:
nickpan said:
Been on the market a while...Planning to see it on Sat. I'm looking for a road car rather than a track car so not too fussed on the lack of buckets etc.

Cheers guys

https://www.premiergt.com/used/cars...e-car-full-gt3-bodykit-documented-history-389

This black Mk2 has just come on the market, looks pretty clean and private sale. Got buckets though.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-gt3-996/996-gt3-mk2/9638774

That's a nice looking car (and history looks good too)

997 GT3 is a better road car I would say especially with the dsc controller on the suspension.

996 is more track focused and a bit more engaging and less nanny stuff.

If I had late 60s budget I would prob go for the 997 if purely a road car. Buckets a yes but you can add a cage later to a comfort with tech quipment half cage if you want to

Or go full club sport but they are a lot more money

Good luck with search and get out there and try different cars. Nice problem to have ;-)

Disco said:
I don't know it, but someone somewhere probably does - there aren't that many around that have been retrofitted with rear seat belts (though you have to go all the way to picture 52 to discover that).

Well spotted!

I've seen 997 with rear seats fitted but never 996.

Disco said:
I don't know it, but someone somewhere probably does - there aren't that many around that have been retrofitted with rear seat belts (though you have to go all the way to picture 52 to discover that).

Attachments

• porsche_gt3_036_424.jpg
    porsche_gt3_036_424.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 4,839
Y2K said:
Disco said:

Well spotted!

I've seen 997 with rear seats fitted but never 996.

It is very rare that you ever see GT3s with rear seats, however a number of sources have claimed that a very small number of 996s towards the end of the production run left the Werk 1 "special wishes" department (the bit now known as Porsche Exclusive) with factory fitted rear seats. All of the other ones out there are retrofits, which is by all accounts a fairly straightforward task on a 996 or a gen 1 997 (the gen 2 GT3 is supposed to have a different single skinned floor and cannot be converted to a 4 seater).

Note in this case that it only has belts and not the actual seats. From historical forum chatter the reason for people doing that was down to having the belts available to secure child seats in the back. A further note concerns the question of what the implications are for the declaration of number of seats on the V5, which boils down to a maybe/maybe not situation as some 996 GT3s originally came with a V5 which said 2 seats and some said 4 (nobody has provided any correlation as to the why part of that - even the presence of buckets or even a cage. Most likely it is down to mistakes in filing paperwork somewhere between the supplying OPC and the DVLA).[/i]

Have a check on pistonheads for the 996 gt3 owners colour thread (cant remember what it actually is now) as theres around 50 of us who have given some basic details on what cars we own/mods/colour.

Im sure ive seen someone comment about rear seat belts in a 6'3 but cant remember the colour of car.

Though alot of PH members are on here as well

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back