Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reversing Camera

acer54

According to the build sheet for my Cayenne it was fitted with a factory reversing camera, cut a long story short it doesn't work and I cannot see any evidence that its trying to work.

Where are these factory fitted cameras located? The only place I can see it might be is under a flap just below the tailgate glass hatch lifting mechanism, am I right?

I've never seen one of these camera's on all the Cayennes I've looked at, I assume it should show the image on the PCM screen but as I've said absolutely nothing is seen there.    

I am unsure about cayenne. The only Porsche I owned with a camera is my Cayman. It's near the number plate area like a black nipple and is non retractable. May be its the same for yours and may be covered with dirt not giving a picture

Can you do me a favour please young man .. put what Cayenne you have in a signature please .. im sure you have already told me or mentioned it but i have a memory like a sieve !!

Depending on the year its in a couple of places .. images below .

If you have that flap under the tailgate glass then its fitted but not working ..

For me i would start with a vehicle hand over using a tester before getting more involved .

Attachments

• 2017_cayenne_pg224b_242.jpg
    2017_cayenne_pg224b_242.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,124
  • img04pop_193.jpg
    img04pop_193.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 3,124
I've updated my signature, it's a 2005 model.
The PCM was changed for a second hand one before my ownership, does the PCM need coding for the camera to work?

Whist i cant be 100 % sure i would have to say yes .. if the pcm doesnt know its got a reverse camera fitted then it wont activate it .

It can be anything from the camera to wiring to software though .

By knowing i mean it has to be coded as it has one .

Early reverse cameras were not a common option .

Signature .. :thumb:

Trust me .. it helps a lot with 4 gens of Cayennes out there :)

deMort said:
Whist i cant be 100 % sure i would have to say yes .. if the pcm doesnt know its got a reverse camera fitted then it wont activate it./quote]

It's in on the 21st May, I'll have the PCM checked then and if needed have it coded.

PCM coded and now camera working - Result!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJno1
Back