Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bare bum or Carrera script?

Croydon

Hockenheim
I purchased my polar Silver NB a month or so back and it doesn't have the Carrera script badge (black I gather for a C2?). I initially liked the look as was toying with the RS body kit. I am now not so sure about the body kit so may just retain the oem look. whats ones views boot script or not?

Ian

Personally...

s61yEbr.jpg

Out of interest what put you off the body kit? I went through the same thought process recently and, for now, decided against adding aero.

As for the rear badging, here are some ideas, if choose against bare:

zHhB2zr.jpg

552567708174_ml.png

003864325008_ml.png

ch3tman said:
Out of interest what put you off the body kit?

Well firstly the cost itself, id only buy the real OEM RS kit via Carnewal, then there's paint and fitment to add on, then you'd look and think I need RS wheels or reps here, thus adding more cost.

I also started looking at various owner cars on line and the 993 itself can really be a personal beautiful thing with a simple slight drop of the springs a wheel change and the addition of the Turbo lower bumper. Again not cheap but im starting with Eibach springs and the turbo bumper before adding wheels. Wheels themselves is options a plenty.

Ian

Personally - go bare on an RS rep but use '911' - '993' or 'Carrera' on a standard car.

I went RS look, but kept all the standard bits if I wanted to swap back. Not wanted to yet, but I know I will in the future some time.
Like you say, with the correct drop they look damn good :thumb:

I quite like the idea of "993". How come the Illuminati aren't apoplectic about this, but have a nervous breakdown if you discuss a non-Becker stereo? Odd lot ;-)

I appreciate that I am out of my usual stomping ground, but I prefer it bare. It looks better, pure, simple. Add a label when people need to know what it is. Everybody knows it is a 911.

MC

Carrera script, no body kit, keep it original!!

davw said:
Carrera script, no body kit, keep it original!!

Yes I agree stop it, standard Carrera script for me! :cop:

MisterCorn said:
I appreciate that I am out of my usual stomping ground, but I prefer it bare. It looks better, pure, simple. Add a label when people need to know what it is. Everybody knows it is a 911.

MC

:agree:

Yeah I have the standard Carrera S script on mine and not planning to change it

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back