Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed camera detector

k11pol

Spa-Francorchamps
Im after a speed camera detector but was hoping i could get one with a built in dash cam, is there such a thing available ? Ideally a detector that picks up radar and laser both mobile and static.

Anyone have any advice, thanks

I expect the market for speed camera detectors that include a camera to be very small, for obvious reasons.

So is the Aguri something you have yourself ? I was recommended the Aguri over the snooper but wanted to hear some different opinions.

I've just got the standard detector without dashcam, works very well aside from the alerts aren't directional.

Waze app on your phone and dash cam app mounted on the dashboard facing out the window would be low cost option. Waze works really well at crowd sourcing info on speed camera's and mobile cameras. Not tried a dash cam app yet though.

I have and use Waze which is good but twice in the past fortnight i have passed a mobile van and then car with the gun pointing at me with no warning. Im after something that detects opposed to dependent on someone alerting the app.

That's the reason for the detector so you get a warning before it has time to detect your speed.

I used to have a laser/radar detector and it gave loads of false alarms so was pointless and stopped using it, although that was a while ago, so tech might have marched forward a bit.

Yes true @Rickprice if the laser detector goes off you are fu*ked anyway, that's why you would need a jammer, but who knows if they work, lots of mixed reviews on them. Plus, unless you are attempting a Cannonball run then I don't see the point really.

If you had a ton of points on your licence then I guess it's probably worth investing in a few to try them out, but I've found Waze to be pretty bloody good at detecting cameras so far, and best policy is to be on your guard and look to the vanishing point at all times and don't drive like a complete bell end and so far outside of the law that you can't scrub off speed in time.

k11pol said:
That's the reason for the detector so you get a warning before it has time to detect your speed.

Have you ever used one before? I had one when I was younger and dumber and drove like a tit.

They don't give you much time to react, or mine never did. Plus you don't get any time from a laser, once they get you it's over, that's why you get laser jammers so they have to hit you a few times and gives you time to slow down. The radar ones you have a bit more time since they give off signals the device is able to pick up a bit further down the road, with laser it didn't give off any signals till they have pulled the trigger on you.

Might have all changed since the last time I used them, so I'm happy to be corrected based on modern tech since my reference point was a few years back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back