Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pricing opinion on fresh Hartech engine rebuild 997 C2 Tip

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
2005 997 C2 Tip
81,000 just had 'literally' a fresh Hartech Engine rebuild and is covered under the Hartech Engine Rebuild Guarantee

Silver, Black Interior and a fairly standard spec
Wearing 18" Carrera 3 alloys

I am suggesting to the owner a private sale price of £20,000, can't see it being much higher

about right :?:

if anyone is thinking about one, let me know

If its a full 6 pack £22-£24k would deffo have me viewing it if it was the model I wanted.

Agree, if it is a full 6 bore rebuild then £22 - £25 would be my estimate, a lot might depend on what else was done at the time of the rebuild and overall condition! The engine bay on the ebay one looks a bit uncared for to me but hard to tell without viewing!

...£25k all day long provided it's clean...

Base spec (???) non S Tip 05 with 81k miles, would say £17 to £18k without the rebuild, so £22k to £23k with the rebuild, depending on whats been done. I would want to see the bill from Hartech to check what's been done......

Don't get hung up on a rebuilt car, there are plenty (lets call it 95%) that won't have bore score.......

...you would have to be brave or stupid not to buy a rebuilt car for a few grand more than a non rebuilt one...it's not just bore score you know :dont know:

I wouldn't touch a Gen 1 3.8 (or 3.6) tip without some cast iron guarantee that the bores were clean, it had a LTT and running on the Millers stuff and after all that I'd still be scared of giving it beans at the least known expected time.

You only have to type in "Hartech" in autotrader and you get a page full of Gen 1 3.8 tiptronics........which tells a tale in itself

...........even the ones listed as manuals are mostly autos :nooo:

Tip must also be the dullest drive.. they should be priced 5k below a manual.

GMG said:
...you would have to be brave or stupid not to buy a rebuilt car for a few grand more than a non rebuilt one...it's not just bore score you know :dont know:

This is misleading and complete *****. You really shouldn't be sharing "internet wisdom" on here, this isn't pistonheads. We actually know what we are talking about. If you want to limit yourself to a rebuilt car that's fine, but seriously, as we know bore score is 3% to 5% of cars, and IMS is the older version in 2005 cars and before (small generalisation there, yes of course I know it's an engine range number thing....) then newer IMS cars, 19 of 20 are perfectly fine. More importantly, we now know so much more about the problems and what causes them and the way to prevent them, warm it up properly, LTT (though possibly not) etc. mean far less are failing these days because we look after them. Sure some will still fail, but what magnificent cars they are.

Really had enough of the doom mongering ***** artists on here spraying misinformation around. Realise you meant to be sharing knowledge so people can make informed decisions. If you don't want any risk, don't go outside ever, after all, I'm sure my cousin had a friend who had a teacher who had a goldfish which got run over by a bus once, so you shouldn't risk going outside ever.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back