Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed - Bloody pheasants

Longp2

Silverstone
So, a pheasant managed to run into the front of my car this afternoon, this resulted in said pheasant coming to an abrupt stop behind the centre radiator cover of my 2S

I've removed the poor fella but am now trying to figure out how to clip the plastic grill (solid type) back into place without removing the bumper.
Has anyone replaced / refitted one of these grills and if so could you please give me a few pointers?

Luckily there does not appear to be any damage to any of the clips so I'm hoping that it will be a relatively simple job.

Cheers

Paul

I'm afraid we are into that time of year again .. i've seen many of the dam things wandering around the roads were i work .. downside for us is we also have deer as well !!

The panels tend to be fitted from the rear and can be a bit difficult to refit with the PU/Bumper fitted ..

Its not hard to remove the PU though .. video here on it ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msBM9Fzbm4E

A picture of the part you mean would help a bit as im unsure atm .

Is that dinner sorted? :coat:

I've actually just googled what does Pheasant taste like ...

Wild pheasant is very lean and if not cooked with care will taste like very dry, very bland, chicken. It's best roasted on the bone with butter and herbs slipped between the skin and meat or braised in my opinion and a good sauce makes a big difference.

Don't think ill bother taking home roadkill :D

deMort said:
I'm afraid we are into that time of year again .. i've seen many of the dam things wandering around the roads were i work .. downside for us is we also have deer as well !!

The panels tend to be fitted from the rear and can be a bit difficult to refit with the PU/Bumper fitted ..

Its not hard to remove the PU though .. video here on it ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msBM9Fzbm4E

A picture of the part you mean would help a bit as im unsure atm .

Thanks for the link, hopefully i'll not need to remove the bumper :eek:

It's the central panel beneath the number plate that needs refitting, luckily it hasn't been pushed right back so I'll try and get my Jeremy beagle hand up through the hole in the underside and try to push it from behind!

That's it .. if it still lines up you have a chance .. i've had similar on 997 and some you can just about push back but to be honest .. most i've had to take the PU off , line it up and give it a hard shove to get it to clip back on .

Either way its fixable but PU off will take you a little longer is all .

PU off isn't hard .. if you can hold a spanner you can take one off although i would advise 2 people to lift it on and off .

Cut the breasts off, marinate in port and garlic, probably best done in a slow cooker with some port and water added as they dry out, serve with black pudding.
Thousands of pheasants around these parts. :grin:

Perhaps try pulling the grill back into place by looping some wire though it and give it a good pull!

Frenchmeister said:
Cut the breasts off, marinate in port and garlic, probably best done in a slow cooker with some port and water added as they dry out, serve with black pudding.
Thousands of pheasants around these parts. :grin:

Black pudding? Bloody heathans!

It's the future is black pudding :puh:

Robertb said:
Perhaps try pulling the grill back into place by looping some wire though it and give it a good pull!

If only it was that easy, unfortunately the grill is basically a blank cover - so not actually a grill :?:

Black pudding is awesome. Although I'd swap it for Haggis any day of the week.

alex yates said:
Black pudding is awesome. Although I'd swap it for Haggis any day of the week.

Both are excellent. :food:

You can GRILL black pud :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back