Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Map Update available for PCM 3.0

I'll pop in during the week and sniff out the answer

Cool, let us know the answer as I'd be interested if there's an update :thumb:

Did a bit of a Google on it and some people are claiming they're on v2.25. I did the postcode/map update in 2016 and that put me on v2.24. Will see what pops up

Further info

Hi, OPC Chester have offered me the PCM 3 2016 update for £335, just FYI, undecided on whether to do it myself, am going to check my map version later ....
Does anyone know if the overall graphics will be improved from the original 2008 version ?

Cheers

I done the 2016 update - I think it took 30min all in. Pretty easy to do and the discs cost me £20.

Re: Further info

Prof3ssor said:
Hi, OPC Chester have offered me the PCM 3 2016 update for £335, just FYI, undecided on whether to do it myself, am going to check my map version later ....
Does anyone know if the overall graphics will be improved from the original 2008 version ?

Cheers

Graphics are the same - Cant remember what features the 2008 map had but the 2016 adds POI - Traffic etc.

Jake911 said:
I done the 2016 update - I think it took 30min all in. Pretty easy to do and the discs cost me £20.

OP has a 997.2. Never heard of anyone updating that or any PCM3 at home.

Magic919 said:
Jake911 said:

OP has a 997.2. Never heard of anyone updating that or any PCM3 at home.

:frustrated: my bad - I misread it :?

Re: Further info

Prof3ssor said:

The last time mine had an update was a few years back on a deal (£149 IIRC). If they offered that again around the time that it next needs a stamp I would go for it, but at the number that you have been quoted then I'll skip it and continue to get by with it as is personally.

I don't think it's worth it at £149. It still lacked road changes that TomTom etc had had for years.

Think I used my satnav once. Ran it against google maps nav. Google said I would get there 11.23. Satnav? 10.30. Guess which one was right.........

Put in a new head unit, I only ever use Waze or google maps (use the same data). Nothing else gets close for useability or getting me somewhere the best way.....

being able to say "OK Google" "Navigate Home" and so on just makes any PCM look so old fashioned......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back