Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Intercooler hose (plus a "what is this" question)

Ishay

On the trip to a 992 launch event at Silverstone last night my nearside intercooler hose popped off on boost (not in sport mode so not overboosting)

I reached under and popped it back in knowing what to do because I had the offside one off for a DIY o2 sensor change last year.

Coming home I gave it some boost in sport and it didn't pop off again. Would you do anything preventative now or just leave it?

Also, quite separately, what's the plastic ring-pull above the hinge on the drivers door? Never noticed it in nearly two years nor did I on the 997.2 Carrera I had either (if they have whatever it is)

Well they shouldn't be popping off - that's why they have barbs on them and locate into metal rings... so I'd be figuring out why it popped off and replacing the hose/whatever is necessary.

The pull ring? Don't have a 997 but I'm guessing the failsafe fuel filler cap release?

:thumbs:

Yep, correct. The ring pull, situated in the offside door jamb is to release the external fuel cap cover.

As i would say .. monitor it and see how you get on .. no point replacing parts that might not need to be replaced .

Ring pull .. as mentioned .. emergency release for the fuel flap .

Cool, I'll see how it goes then. It was its first spirited run out of the year. Only a handful of leisurely runs over winter

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back