Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with Mats

MidWansbeck

Hello

Can anyone point me towards a good replacement mats supplier please? My grey originals are well past it, a motor show ordered replacement set have not been a success and, as my 993 C4S owning mate constantly reminds me, are really letting the side down! Mind you he struggles to get his car above 4,000rpm so opinion on many matters has to be questionable!

So, some decent quality replacements mats are on the shopping list. All suggestions welcome.

Thanks very much

MidWansbeck said:
Hello

Can anyone point me towards a good replacement mats supplier please? My grey originals are well past it, a motor show ordered replacement set have not been a success and, as my 993 C4S owning mate constantly reminds me, are really letting the side down! Mind you he struggles to get his car above 4,000rpm so opinion on many matters has to be questionable!

So, some decent quality replacements mats are on the shopping list. All suggestions welcome.

Thanks very much

Do you mean the original carpets or overmats?

Good question...and now I think about it it's the footwell carpets I'm after, driver and passenger side. Thanks

If you go to Dinslaken you will find a number of suppliers who will be happy to take your order there and then.
Failing that I would try Carbone - or an OPC...

I agree with your 993 mate - shoddy mats let the whole car down. :gunfire:

Magic. Thanks very much both. Missed Dinslaken this year...but not waiting until 2020 to sort the deep pile!

Let us know how you get on, with some pics of the results. New mats are on my list, too...

Southbound i agree ... like the ones in the picture but without the Ruff logo , or buy the Ruff ones .. i had a set in both my 964s and they are virtually indestructible plus easy to clean and are not chunky , highly recommend but very expensive .

Attachments

• ruf_floor_mats_153.jpg
    ruf_floor_mats_153.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 6,005
Well, finally I've managed to crack the replacement mats problem...it's only taken about 5 years!

Called Southbound. They were super helpful, pointed me towards the base of my old (and stored) original mats for a part number and then explained that Porsche had reintroduced grey mats as part of their new classic range! Brilliant.

So, for around £160, I'm now the proud owner of a complete set of brand new, OEM mats, proper colour for my car and including the metal thingys to stop them sliding around. Here they are alongside the old ones.

Thanks MidWansbeck - think I'll follow suit!

Apologies. There's meant to be an image here too... 2nd attempt!

Attachments

• matspsx_20190529_192243_819.jpg
    matspsx_20190529_192243_819.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 5,583
Oh I need a set of those. What a difference. :thumb:

Excellent - how smart are those!!
Well done whoever it was to persuade you to get them..... :Happy:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member