Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

VIN decoder for factory list?

JonnieD

Hi all, a newbie here, looking at various 997.2 cars.

Does anyone know of a free VIN decoder that I can use to enter the VIN and get a list of factory options the car has?

I use one for my BMW M cars, but doesn't work with Porsche it seems!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Hi and :welcome: to 911uk

There's nothing in the VIN itself that will tell you the options and the 'VIN look up' websites that used to be viewable aren't available anymore.

The VIN does identify a specific car so an OPC would probably be able to give you the information however I doubt that they would be willing to do this for multiple enquiries.

If you know the option numbers fitted to a car (from the Build Sticker on the inside cover of the service book) these are easily to look up. Failing that list them on here and someone will translate them for you.

Hi T8, many thanks for the welcome and the reply.

That's a shame then if there aren't any online services available to provide the factory build info. I wonder why they were withdrawn. Porsche controlling things maybe?!

I have found the codes / description here thanks for the options, but I will need to get the codes for the cars I'm interested in.

Cheers!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back