Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zunsport Grills for 997.2

Grum

Hi,
New 997.2 owner with OPC warranty. Would like to fit grills to protect rads (x3). OPC warranty does not allow this I understand. Was wondering if the Zunsport grills can be easily mounted/dismounted, so that when the car goes in for service/health check/111 point check, the grills can be "popped off" and then "popped back on" afterwards?

Grum said:
Hi,
New 997.2 owner with OPC warranty. Would like to fit grills to protect rads (x3). OPC warranty does not allow this I understand. Was wondering if the Zunsport grills can be easily mounted/dismounted, so that when the car goes in for service/health check/111 point check, the grills can be "popped off" and then "popped back on" afterwards?

Hi Grum, can't answer your question regarding a pop-off version but having just bought a 991.1 with OPC warranty I fully intend to fit the Zunsport grills to my car to protect the rads (7 grills in total in the 991). Unless someone can make a very strong case how the fitment of these grills would interfere directly with any other system on the car, I really can't see how it could be an issue - they mount into plastic, clip or screw into place and are nothing but a benefit.

They may be a non-standard fitment (unlike the GT cars, on which Porsche sees fit to install grills) but why therefore they should be deemed a problem on non-GT cars :dont know:

I have them on my car and transferred them from a gen 1 to a gen 2 turbo, once you've seen how they clip on and off they're pretty much a 15 minute job to do. They're not the prettiest things in the world but the damage they prevent is well worth it.

2 min job to replace them. I have two front grills, one with a number plate attached and one without. I regularly swap them around and just use a pair of long tip pliers with a bit of tape around so I don't scratch the grills.

They go on and off, as described.

I bought them and can't bear to fit them as they look too ugly. Make sure they are what you want.

Here's mine on.

Attachments

• img_20190131_222110_143.jpg
    img_20190131_222110_143.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 1,589
Grum said:
Hi,

The warranty is NOT invalidated by fitting grills, read it. Only if the grills can be determined as the cause of a claim can it be declined. Renewal is different as the OPC can decide what they like.

When you see the rubbish that comes out from the side rads and condensers you'll be convinced that they're worth it, unfortunately a 911 is like a vacuum cleaner going along the road sucks up anything and everything. Its all the rubbish that gets wet and starts to rot your condensers and the chippings that pummel your radiators.
I've seen some good home made rads made out of disposable bbq mesh if you wanted a DIY fix, lot cheaper as well.

Thanks all for reponses. Closer look needed methinks.

This is what came out of my side ducts.

Attachments

• debris_removed_183.jpg
    debris_removed_183.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,339

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back