Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport Seats retro fit into 997.2

trent

Have trawled the threads trying to get a definitive answer on this so I'm hoping someone out there has already completed it and can confirm either way.

The 997.2 I'm buying has manual (but heated) comfort seats. If I removed them and fitted a pair of electric heated Sport Seats (from another 997.2) will the electric function (fore/aft movement, height adjustment, lumber etc) on the seats work in my car? Just no memory function.

Look like they will and it's plug and play but just want confirmation before acquiring the seats.

Thanks,
Martin

Anyone out there done this and can advise?

I have comfort and sports seats and have switched them back and forth and everything worked. Neither set are memory or heated but all the fore/aft and other functions worked.

Easy change, just make sure you have ignition off throughout the change (not even key in the ignition) because once you get the airbag light on - which happens if you turn ignition on without seats connected - you need a code reader to extinguish it.

Thank you Sir, that sounds encouraging.

I have heated seats and the seats I'm looking to fit are heated so I'm sure that part with be compatible.

I'm guessing the memory is connected with the car and not the seat so that the car tells the seat to move when unlocking etc.

Magic919 said:
Sports seats or sports adaptive seats?

Adaptive seats? >>>

Attachments

• adap_105.jpg
    adap_105.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 1,003

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member