Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 PPF or Ceramic Coat?

Leondrums

Hi all,

New to the forum and I have just purchased my first 911, I should have a 992 C4S arriving early April. I had an order in for May delivery but dealer had failed to put my spec into the system by cut off leaving a factory order until August/Sept. I have now found a built car which is completely different to my spec but at least I'll now have one for summer!

My query is, coming from 5 Range Rovers, I have no idea if I'll love the car or not - and therefore if she'll stay or not (I hope she will).

Will you mostly be applying PPF or Ceramic or do you generally not bother?

Thoughts please...

Thanks in advance.

:welcome: Leon
drums3.gif

:thumb:

:welcome: to 911uk, and congrats on your purchase, nothing like a bit of carpe diem when plan A falls short. :thumb:

As for your question, I think you may have answered it.
Some will go with PPF, others the ceramic coating route and a shed load of others are simply happy enough to not bother.

Have a browse through here to see what some forum members do;
http://www.911uk.com/viewforum.php?f=16

Congrats on the new car, I would suggest going for front end PPF and followed by a ceramic coats over the car and wheels. I have just had my GT3 completed in this process, and it looks stunning.

2 different products for different reasons, ideally get both

Thanks guys,

I think my main dilemma is do I spend circa £2k on front end PPF at Topaz if I may sell the car in 6 months... At this point I just don't know if it'll be for me long terms as I've come from 5 Range Rover ports in 5 years...

I know it's an open ended question but thoughts and opinions would be appreciated...I did also think that if I get on with the car, maybe sell and then order one fully to my own spec and absolutely get that PPF'd and Cermaic Coated...

This car was pre-built and on it's way - I had ordered GT Silver with different options...

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PL9N42J6

As you will have one of the first 992s I'd imagine you could strike a deal with a PPF installer who needs to plot a cutting path for a 992 for future installations?

If you're unsure of how long your going to keep it it's ultimately up to you how much you spend. A ceramic coat makes it easier to clean but doesn't really prevent scratches. A decent self healing PPF allows for somewhat lazy washing and largely a scratch free finish...you pays your money.

Leondrums said:
Thanks guys,

I think my main dilemma is do I spend circa £2k on front end PPF at Topaz if I may sell the car in 6 months... At this point I just don't know if it'll be for me long terms as I've come from 5 Range Rover ports in 5 years...

I know it's an open ended question but thoughts and opinions would be appreciated...I did also think that if I get on with the car, maybe sell and then order one fully to my own spec and absolutely get that PPF'd and Cermaic Coated...

This car was pre-built and on it's way - I had ordered GT Silver with different options...

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PL9N42J6

Take it to Reep instead and save yourself some £££'s, my self healing 'Track Pack' PPF (full front end, sills, rear quarters, mirrors, A pillars and roof leading edge) was slightly less than 1/2 the £2k you've priced from Topaz and i can't fault the quality of the job or the service...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back