Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warming up a turbo

stokie1

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all

Thinking of returning to 911 ownership with a turbo

Has anyone breathed on theirs aesthetically

This is going to be a weekender in the summer and I want it to look special/racey but not daft!

Ideas and thoughts appreciated

And if anyone has a good one they might let go please let me know

Cheers in advance

I'd say they look pretty mean and business like in standard trim. And there's a good reason for that- They are!!

A lot go for a mild slam. Slight lowering and subtle wheel spacers. :thumbs:

Find one with the factory aero kit, that should do the trick. Then look at different alloys perhaps/ spacers and a slight drop. Obviously colour choice will have a big impact on how much you stand out 8)

In my opinion the wheels really date the gen1 cars. A nice set from a gen2 would help. If it has centre locks then the RS wheels look great.

BBS F1 and 9e Powerkit. Can't go wrong ;)

Attachments

• 598b3a23_d669_4b17_b285_4228da89d8a1_138.jpg
    598b3a23_d669_4b17_b285_4228da89d8a1_138.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 2,314
Nice Imran,,,,love them wheels too

Yes was a manual hence not keeping up with his launch control and dual clutch automated manual box which really is super quick - H had 640bhp with remap and sports exhaust. That 9e powekit has been developed further by Ken so even quicker now. That same 9e powerkit should run circa 210-215 mph through the same trap distance :wink:

IMI A said:
Yes was a manual hence not keeping up with his launch control and dual clutch automated manual box which really is super quick - H had 640bhp with remap and sports exhaust. That 9e powekit has been developed further by Ken so even quicker now. That same 9e powerkit should run circa 210-215 mph through the same trap distance :wink:

Is that running a 9e 28 set up :?: :?: :worship: :worship:

tgdesign said:
IMI A said:

Is that running a 9e 28 set up :?: :?: :worship: :worship:

Certainly is, I believe IMI A had the very first 9e28 or one of the first 9e28's. I think I have the last one they've done.

Cheers guys. Remember the Huracan is only slower in a straight line. On circuit it would destroy the turbo. On road I think the turbo would destroy the Huracan. Stock not exactly slow with 480bhp and the response of the smaller turbos better than the GT2 turbos for daily road driving IMO. If its a weekend fun car, or track toy for VMAX runs then the GT2 hybrids are the bomb as they make the top end so much more exciting than the stock car. Now if Ken could get the 9e powerkit to run that fast on pump fuel he'd be a genius :D

The wheels do date the cars but that is just down to the style and the fact that a gen 1 car is a gen 1 car. The differences don't stop there, the noise ingress on the move is very invasive on the gen 1, whereas the .2 is a lot quieter. The PCM on the gen 1 is so out of date, it almost looks like it's out of an 80's car.
Then there's the gearbox, let's face it on a gen 1 you need a manual and if your buying a gen 1 manual you'll pay more or less what you would pay for a higher mileage gen 2 with a brilliant PDK box.

As for the engines, there's not much to choose between them, power is more or less the same, although I do think the Mezger is more aggressive in it's power delivery. The DFi on the other hand seems to be me to be the smoother engine.
Also the DFi is an easier engine to 'tune up' especially so if your just looking for a moderate power increase 80-100 bhp.

Lastly if your buying a Gen 1 car you really do need to find one that's had a lot of the basic but costly work done to it, plugs-coils-exhaust-water pipes-rads and brakes.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back