Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 at Nottingham OPC

MisterCorn

I called in for my weekly visit to the parts department and spotted this.

MC

What did you think of the colour in person?

I thought it looked like a dark beige, like my dads old 80's Montego. 😳😬

I liked the simple 911 badge on it, the headlights looked pretty great also. Nice details.

It was like a dirty white IMO. It is called Crayon. The interior looked very nice and I particularly liked the funky retractable door handles.
I think the squarer front of the bonnet looks rather awkward when set against the flowing lines of the rest of the car.

MC

The fifth pic down is my ultimate Porsche garage give or take

MisterCorn said:
I think the squarer front of the bonnet looks rather awkward when set against the flowing lines of the rest of the car.

MC

This bonnet just looks wrong to me and at odds to 911 curves

Cunno said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

This bonnet just looks wrong to me and at odds to 911 curves

Totally agree about losing the curves spoiling it. :what:

The DRL surround being black plastic is what does it.

Apart from the headlights, not a great first impression.
The front of 991 and back of gen 2 997 is the best for me.

Slayer said:

I agree front & rear of those two would be the nicest

It does look awesome in the flesh.... i assume the bonnet is a design reference to the retro square dash inside... intrigued what the wood trim is going to look like?

I recently went to Geneva for the motor-show and was, I'm afraid to say, underwhelmed by the display.....one GT silver S cab with "brown" interior and plastic wood dash.....and one GT silver C4S coupe also with brown leather and plastic wood dash.....although the blue C4S cab with grey leather was better.
I thought they would have wow'd with an orange one or some stronger colour and livery combination....

In their defence it was very difficult to get a good perspective of the cars being so close with the crowds, maybe being a few feet away will make me more appreciative of what the sales guy called a more "muscular" profile.

I hope to give a better opinion after my OPC invitation visit on Friday 22nd March.....watch this space.....

Attachments

• blue_cabriolet_110.jpg
    blue_cabriolet_110.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 7,287
  • carrera_4s_coupe_130.jpg
    carrera_4s_coupe_130.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 7,287
  • carrera_s_cabriolet_152.jpg
    carrera_s_cabriolet_152.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 7,287
GT3ZZZ said:
PerrinAybara said:
I'm still not sure about the wide mouth.

Agreed, looks much better with the Sport Design front end IMHO
Ive just compared the two after reading this, and on face value, the Sport Design package just becsme mandatory :judge:

I knew I had seen it before somewhere :lol:

Attachments

• zippy_2_177.jpg
    zippy_2_177.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 7,069
  • zippy_1_166.jpg
    zippy_1_166.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 7,069

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members