Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TopGear exhausts Bridport experienced

SteveTTT

I know these guys have been mentioned in lots of threads over the last few years, and there has been a group buy on this forum, but I just wanted to give them a thumbs up, having visited them in Bridport today, while on holiday, to get some 996 mild sports silencers. I've posted here as their range goes well beyond the 996 items I've just bought.

I emailed the sales director Alex Kilcoyne yesterday to check if it was ok to just rock up there, but got an out of office response saying he was off sick and would not be able to respond. I also asked a cheeky question about discount. Long story short... he responded this morning, confirmed a 10% discount to me as a 911UK member and a further 2.5% as I was picking up the exhausts myself. Fantastic!

I dealt with Sam, and had a short wait while the back boxes were picked and packed, and while one of the fabricators made up the cat joining sleeves. This Polish chap (sorry I forgot his name) came out to check the boxed up package would fit in my car, and also explained that the diameter of the original cat pipes could sometimes vary, so if the joining sleeves were not a good fit, to let him know and he'd get some new ones out to me tout suite.

Right now the shipment is still sitting in the Macan and the new back boxes won't get fitted to my 2002 4S until next month, but I didn't want to waste any time in putting out this feedback and giving credit to Alex and TopGear for the brilliant customer service so far.

I should also say that the setup in Bridport is pretty impressive. They do general car servicing and MOTs too, but the highlight was the display area where they have lots of tempting exhaust type goodies, eg beautiful set of brushed stainless Ferrari 430 manifolds, similar for Aston V8 Vantage, many many exhaust tips including carbon fibre and titanium, and some rather lovely Oz and Wolfrace wheels. I was very tempted by some 200cell cats, but that will have to wait for another day.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back