Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 GT3 at Parr

GR 996.1 :worship:

I'm around 15mins from PARR if you want me to have a look?

Nothing useful to add but it has to be said in the scheme of often daft Porsche prices 996GT3s represent good value still.

That is a stunning looking car.

"Sport Design" GT3 wheels, I think that I am right in saying not OEM then. Not many pictures on Pistonheads for what seems a cheap GT3.

Maybe the market is readjusting at last.

Mind you there will be 'the mileage is a bit high' brigade along shortly :D although at 59,000 over 18 years I would say it has been used as it should as a bare minimum.

Pip

Absolutely love that.
Would swap for my turbo but unfortunately funds currently don't allow to bridge the gap
Looks a great car for someone :worship:

Pip1968 said:
"Sport Design" GT3 wheels, I think that I am right in saying not OEM then. Not many pictures on Pistonheads for what seems a cheap GT3.

Maybe the market is readjusting at last.

Mind you there will be 'the mileage is a bit high' brigade along shortly :D although at 59,000 over 18 years I would say it has been used as it should as a bare minimum.

Pip

Morning Pip, the BBS Sport Design wheels are the correct OE items.
Car has been for sale on Parr's site for ages (probably getting on for 18 months IIRC) but not advertised on PH for the last 12 months or so.

Thanks Daniel, I'm only about 30 mins away so all good. I was just intrigued as has been on the market for a very long time.

I've emailed Parr to find out more about the car. [/quote]

mikeknivett said:
Thanks Daniel, I'm only about 30 mins away so all good. I was just intrigued as has been on the market for a very long time.

I've emailed Parr to find out more about the car.
[/quote]

Did you get anything back from Parr worth reporting?

I enquired about this one (along with every other GT3 on the market within my £60k budget).

They were very upfront about any minor issues. I don't know what would be fair to repeat on a public forum so I won't, but if you email their sales guy Lawrence, I'm sure you'll get all the info you need.
I must add that there were no big horror stories, at least that they know of and the Rev range data is exemplary for a GT3.
1 single ignition in range 2 many moons ago and low numbers like that are generally accepted as spurious and a non event.
Less than 6000 range 1's.

Not pampered but not neglected were the words used.
Old front tyres (2011) and they're crappy Pzero Rossos anyway.
Lazy refurb on wheels meaning powder-coated rims.
Recent condensers.
Still on original suspension.
Yes those are scuffs to the leather on the passenger side lower dash etc.
Was originally listed at £75k.

:thumb:

Thanks for that. Did you pick one up in the end?

I did.

Autostore Cambridge have a lovely blue one in. I'd be viewing that before Parrs.
15k less miles, better colour, carbon seats, serviced every single year of its life.
Due diligence required mind as I only had a quick look at it. A couple of people have suggested it was once a bit rougher than it is now but that's true of many cars.

Good luck in your search. :thumb:

PS I've no connection with Autostore and owe them nothing. To be honest I did my homework on the car I bought and then treated it as a private sale as I live 250 miles north so won't ever be going back unless it was for something major.
Their level of prep was pretty pants to be honest but I've got a good sound car at a fair price.

Yes, seen the Autostore one on my browsing thanks.

Yours looks lovely.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back