Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 what sort of money can they be had for nowadays

saxon46

Been looking at 997.2 recently what sort of money can they be had for now,
My quandary is I've been given first refusal on an 84 carrera,the bloke uses it as a show car really and only uses it in the summer,he's owned it for ten years, I reckon i can get it 28-30k,but i just don't know I had lovely 76 912 which i sold last year cos it was a left hooker loved the aircooled tho,do you reckon i could get a gen2 for that sort of money......
Waiting for phils expertise on all matters 997 :worship: :worship:

Here in England we've got a couple of useful websites called Autotrader and Piston Heads Classifieds which enable you to view a lot of cars currently for sale.

Pop across the water and have a look. :wink:

Only high mileage cars can be had for 30k. Most gen2 cars sit between 35-45k.

As T8 said, check out auto trader and Pistonheads.

I was curious and it looks like they start at £31k for a 3.6 and £36k for an S.

In the current market you should get into sensible mileage 3.6 with a cheeky £30k bid.

saxon46 said:
Been looking at 997.2 recently what sort of money can they be had for now,
My quandary is I've been given first refusal on an 84 carrera,the bloke uses it as a show car really and only uses it in the summer,he's owned it for ten years, I reckon i can get it 28-30k,but i just don't know I had lovely 76 912 which i sold last year cos it was a left hooker loved the aircooled tho,do you reckon i could get a gen2 for that sort of money......
Waiting for phils opinion on all matters 997 :worship: :worship:

As above, all the information is out there. Have a look at some sites such as those mentioned. Also factor in that the for sale price will obviously vary wildly due to any number of reasons. Spec, mileage, condition, transmission, history to name but a few.

Values span quite a wide range, depending especially on mileage, but also the optimism of the seller! Then there's private versus dealer sale and at the top end you've got OPC cars.
You're looking at low 30's for a C2 with high miles, through to high 40's for a low miles C4S.
Autotrader, Ebay and Pistonheads spring to mind, but my tip is to put a "wanted" post on here, where you'll find some beautifully maintained examples.

T8 you cheeky get.....I'm a midland boy originally.....but moved across the border 20 odd yrs ago......love it in wales....cardiff 20 mins aways and brecon beacons about 15 mins.....best of both worlds I would say lol

I just bought my first 911, a 997.2 C2 from Ashgood Porsche. It's done 77K miles and I paid £29,995.

Full history and in good condition, for me I am not too worried about the mileage and it allowed me to get into a .2 within my budget. It's about the cheapest 997.2 I've seen.

Only collected it Thursday just gone and am loving it so far - have switched from a 987 Boxster 2.7.

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back