Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Frunk button's come off but not broken

Beej160

When I was getting my car valeted, the frunk release button came off in my hands. What a flimsy piece of crap!

It doesn't look broken to me and it, together with a plastic white piece needs putting back together.

Anyone with pictures of how it goes back together?
Looks simple but it's Friday afternoon after a long week at work...

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190301_161506_708.jpg
    20190301_161506_708.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 3,506
Mine broke some time ago, manage to fix it with a bit of plastic and some araldite and has held up so far! From the pic I think yours has broken in the same place, one of the levers at the rear snapped off? It is fiddly, but the switch can be taken apart and glued back together! Alternatively, it's about £80 for a new switch!

I will just say ..

When these break its normally a plastic lug that has snapped off and a new switch pack is the best option .

They are not designed to come appart once assembled and ive changed more that one over the years .

Easy diy though .

Mine's broken just like deMort has described. I'm getting a new switch-pack fitted under warranty on Thursday.

I panicked when mine went as I had frunk-full of luggage. It took nearly two minutes for it to dawn on me that the bonnet pops on the key. :oops:

Thanks for the replies guys.
It does appear like one of the plastic lugs has broken and I can't find it anywhere to try and glue it back on.
Guess it's the new pack then. In the meantime, the key works perfectly!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back