Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is your 993 still garaged for the winter?

Albionmuz

For those who don't use them as daily drivers, have you got it back on the road, if not when is it coming out.

I am abroad at the moment but will be getting her out and about within the next couple of weeks, can't wait! Another 3k or so to be added before next winter!

Gradually eroding the value, but hey I am only here the once!

Mine is garage but used "high-days and holidays" 365 days a year. Rain won't melt it.

Always garaged, but never in winter storage. Assuming no snow or ice, quite happy for her to get a bit grubby any day of the year. They really don't appreciate just sitting there doing nothing for extended periods of time, imho.

Garaged but never SORN. Was out and about last weekend. Driven whenever I get the chance.

Would love to keep mine garaged at home but my garages need rebuilding as they are wet and past it. In the meantime it stays at my sons 50 miles from me as he has a nice dry garage I can use.

Absolutely agree that all cars should be driven regularly but I don't want to leave mine outside under a cover during the worst months, as I think that is going to be bad for the bodywork. I am definitely a fair weather driver in the 993, I have other cars for gritted roads and donkey work luckily!

First world problems eh??

Trip to 9m yesterday after major winter refurb. Only slight adjustment needed to rear toe in. Car running well time for the 944 to get some tlc.

Drove mine to work yesterday - fab weather, couldn't resist. Besides, needs a run now and again. Mind, I left early to get a prime spot in the corporate car park.

I need to check if mine is still in the garage :roll:

But thinking of Road taxing from Friday to use in March :hand:

jonttt said:

......at Oulton :worship:

:agree: you know you want to

alex yates said:
jonttt said:

......at Oulton :worship:

Holy crap more chance of the Pool winning the prem than seeing that puppy out in March :grin: :floor: :grin: :floor: :grin: :grin: :floor: :grin: That's if it even exists :dont know:

Never put mine away to be honest :D but I suppose with 320 days of sunshine what would you expect. 8)

ATB :)

PS Mind you I think your weather at the moment is better than mine ....temperaturewise :thumb:

is your 993 still garaged for the winter

haven't driven mine for a couple of months .so had to get it out yesterday back in luv with my little 993

Re: is your 993 still garaged for the winter

johne said:
haven't driven mine for a couple of months .so had to get it out yesterday back in luv with my little 993

Likewise, was having withdrawal symptoms but saved by the great weather we have just had. Taxed last Friday and out n about over weekend and yesterday just running around, can't beat it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back