Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 gt3 rvo7 kkg

rc944

anyone know the above - its in red and looks quite nice at th boler!

I can't help you on the car you've highlighted, though the dealer has very mixed reviews online and the car maybe on Sale or Return (the dealer should confirm this if asked).

As with all GT cars, the Rev range data is important to check as part of the provenance and if they can't tell you, I'd suggest you walk away. I'd also check the claim about full dealer history in the ad and in a perfect world it'd have all the invoices for the service work rather than just a series of OPC stamps in the service book. I'd also put a thread up on the likes of PH to see what you can find out? It looks almost too cheap compared to sone others listed. The warranty you get with it from the dealer is also worth investigating v.closely in terms of claim limits.

did a bit of homework today...

1. confirmed opc history (for what thats worth)
2. no over revs in any range (see the report)
3. its SOR
4. not sure its cheap i think its realistic - the others have been languishing for ever and JZM sold a guards red CS for around 82 in late 2018 showing 32k miles so i think 80 is still rich for a non CS
5. owned a major inc plugs
6. has comprehensive paperwork

Hoping to view it this week and have kindly been offered the chance to place a deposit on it to secure it...

They do have some shocking reviews on PH and Cardealerreviews as well as AT. Having been viewing their online stock for quite some time now, I am of the opinion that they are not that bothered about prepping the cars (possibly a symptom of predominantly SOR stock).

Regarding leaving a deposit - they are obliged to refund it if you don't complete the purchase, but based on the reviews I'm not convinced they would honour that obligation, so pay with a card not transfer.

Price-wise, with the exception of a few "high milers" I'd say it's at the lower end of prices and the carbon buckets are a nice addition for a non-CS.
Added to the leather dash, carbon interior bits, sports chrono and only 22k I'd say it's priced well (almost too well for TH Boler) so I'd be examining the car and the paperwork very closely. It states 5+ owners. The wheels look to have been plasti-dipped with a carbon finish (hmmm). The vent on the front pu looks to have a carbon finish so worth scrutinising to see if it's real carbon or been treated to the same process. The discs appear to have a fair bit of surface rust - not a big deal but possibly an indicator of it being kept outside (it's new stock for Boler so I don't think it's been there long enough to garner that).

Given that you mentioned the GR one at JZM, it sounds like that's the colour you're after - in which case there's not a glut of them out there. The Border Reivers car has twice the mileage for the same money (and I think they have a shocking reputation too).

(When you look at the paperwork you could try to take a sneaky pic of the V5 and try to track down the owner to cut out the middle man. He may be local to Boler, so as you're in the area you could knock on his door. Bit underhand perhaps but from all the negative reviews, do Boler really deserve anyone's business? Obviously you do risk them telling you where to go, but at the end of the day they want to sell their car don't they...)

Just my 2p worth. Enjoy the search :thumb:

Yep ticks a lot of boxes and would think an early 70s number if it were a private sale

I'm looking at another but with 8 keepers and 41k miles but cgt seats and PCCBs. I'd be looking to bid the owner mid 60s inc 1 year waranty and a minor service with belts as that's what it's due

It looks from the online MOT history that the car did about 1,500 miles in 4 yrs - even with such little mileage, it should still have visited a dealer for servicing as per the manufacturers' recommended intervals during that period - this would be important for resale in the future. I'd also suggest you might want to check the general paint thickness for good measure as it will confirm the car hasn't had paint repairs.

MrC986 said:
I'd also suggest you might want to check the general paint thickness for good measure as it will confirm the car hasn't had paint repairs.

Given the propensity for 911s to attract shone chips (particularly in the bonnet, wings, PU and sills - especially the nose and leading edges behind the wheels) I've never understood this obsession. Porsche seem to use the planet's thinest, softest paint these days, thus if a car with sensible miles has paint that is as likely to be an OCD owner who likes it to always be pristine as any indication of damage. There used to be people on the various forums at one point who factored having the bonnet and wings blown over every other year as a part of their maintenance schedule, as well as some owning 2 front PUs so that they could swap them over at regular repaints. Dunno if they are still lurking on here or have gone off to stroke their beards elsewhere, but unless you are buying a collectible garage queen then I've always thought that one a red herring personally. Especially with GT3s as even a euro tour with some high speed autobahn runs is going to virtually guarantee the kind of chips that no exotic wax or coating is going to deflect. :dont know:

im almost sure it has had a blow over at some point as a mate has checked it out-i would rather it hadnt as i prefer my paint honest and wearing the patina that befits a car of its vintage

as long as its a straight and honest car then im less concerned if its concours. it will live outside mainly

Disco said:
MrC986 said:
I'd also suggest you might want to check the general paint thickness for good measure as it will confirm the car hasn't had paint repairs.

Given the propensity for 911s to attract shone chips (particularly in the bonnet, wings, PU and sills - especially the nose and leading edges behind the wheels) I've never understood this obsession. Porsche seem to use the planet's thinest, softest paint these days, thus if a car with sensible miles has paint that is as likely to be an OCD owner who likes it to always be pristine as any indication of damage. There used to be people on the various forums at one point who factored having the bonnet and wings blown over every other year as a part of their maintenance schedule, as well as some owning 2 front PUs so that they could swap them over at regular repaints. Dunno if they are still lurking on here or have gone off to stroke their beards elsewhere, but unless you are buying a collectible garage queen then I've always thought that one a red herring personally. Especially with GT3s as even a euro tour with some high speed autobahn runs is going to virtually guarantee the kind of chips that no exotic wax or coating is going to deflect. :dont know:

Totally correct. Buyers can be unrealistic about paint.

Hi Colin, hope alls well .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back