Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Loss of Pressure - no puncture..

mikeluke

Mugello
Had this on both front wheels of my 981 recently.

No apparently problem and then the dashboard tells you to check tyre pressures as one tyre is 0.1 or 0.2 bar below what it should be. Top up the tyre and all is well. Then a couple of weeks later it happened to the other front tyre.

Can't see anything stuck on the tyres, no sign of puncture etc.

The only thing that I can think of is that when I reverse out of the drive on cold rubber, the tyres tend to 'crab' sideways - I wondered if this is stressing the seal between the tyre bead and the wheel?

Any ideas?

I had this on my wife's car, where the wheel had some corrosion on it and it wasn't sealing properly to the tyre. We had the tyre removed and reseated after cleaning up the rim.

MC

If it's the skipping front tyres I'd be pumping mine up once a week.

Check for leaks using soppy water in a spray gun this will show any bubbles or if that fails place the wheel in a bath of water I once had a porous alloy leaking between the spokes on a solid wheel and that leak was only found using the bath method

Winny

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back