Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie saying hi

Philj99

Hi everyone
Newbie on here been reading for ages just never got round to it!
Owned my first 911 2001 996 carrera 4 99k for 4 years now normal reconditioning suspension tyres water pump alloy Refurb etc
Now time to update the interior within reason !seats look 17 years old not that bad but leather cracked due to sponge dying and slight wear on bolster
My questions to you guys are as it's my daily drive a trimmer has suggested to me to drop off passenger seat and rear cushions to do first then he will have a template for the drivers seat , I'm going for 2 tone leather black with a dark red middle can I still drive the car with no airbag issues ?
Or option 2 replace with some sports seats which would go on existing runners
Any help would be appreciated

:welcome:

Hi Phil, Welcome to the 996 club :grin:

We need some pictures!

:useless:

Welcome Phil, just the 4 years lurking before posting :grin: at least its a good 1st question .

I am pretty sure that you could either get a durametric etc and turn off the airbag options in the same way as is needed if fitting a quick release steering wheel or bucket seats. or just live with the airbag warning light for the week it would take the retrimmer.

I cant see it being any more of an issue to you than that.

I am liking the black with red inserts idea. :thumb:

Welcome along. :thumb:

Sounds like you're bringing it back to a great standard.

There are no airbags in our seats so no issues in removing your seats.
As Phil says you could just let the light come anyway if it was going to, then have it reset when you're all done.

My Indy did tell me the colour of the plugs relating to the airbag system but I can't remember what it is. Orange I think. So basically if you leave any orange connector unplugged, that would put the light on.

You'll be fine though. :thumb:

You're going for this look on the seats then. :grin:

Only joking obviously, it should be nice once done. You can get a similar scheme in some Z4M's. :thumb:

Thanks for the quick replies
So it's just the drivers seat which has the problem with power on when disabling the seats? Eg light on needs a reader to remove ?
Il post some pics when I can work out how to do it !

Another Lancashire Lad. Getting a bit busy in here with us lot at the moment! :grin:

What's not to like :thumbs:

Hi Phil & Welcome. I'm in Langho between Clitheroe & Blackburn. You anywhere near mate?

Neither seat should cause a dash light when removed.
I've removed mine and fitted buckets so any plugs that were plugged in are now just taped up under the seats.

No dash lights on. :thumb:

Welcome , should look good when done , as said no airbags on seats :thumbs:

Back on road

Hi everyone Iv had a few issues since I came back off my holidays
Driving my car I lost 90%of brakes loads of travel hardly any brakes
Had to wait a week for a loan car at Ninemeister
Leaking brake pipes under car big job checked clutch same time so put new one in
Had it remapped same time ,one large bill later back on road
More bad news just had a flt drive over my foot so that's 6-8 weeks not driving !
So gunna try and get seats re trimmed as never got round to it before as I can now spare the time !
Anybody had there steering wheel retrimmed ,flattened etc any responses would be appreciate
I'll post some pics of car when I can get out the bloody house to take some
Cheers

Welcome to the forum.

Steering wheel options:

Magic sponge and some decent gliptone

Option two - royal steering wheels for detrimental. He will also do handbrake and gear gator.

I have a thread on here with some pics of mine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back