Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner, 996, 3.4, 2000, Manual, PSE, Lancashire. Hello

Mookin

Hello all, been lurking on here for a few months. Finally decided to grow a pair and made my first 'proper' big boys Porsche a couple of weeks ago. I started with a 924. Bought the car from a dealer down in Kent, marathon 10 hour round trip but the spec and the price of the car looked right. Car drive back 300 miles without missing a beat although I did notice the PSE exhaust was quite loud... Decided to ring Unique Porsche in Westhoughton on the recommendation of a friend. Darren there offered to get it up on the ramp for a quick inspection. Turns out exhaust back boxes were shot(I blame the 5am start for not noticing this myself....I know...)He also noticed the steering rack was leaking... An inspection would have been a good idea I know.. just decided to go and do it and stop deliberating... Thankfully dealer covered all parts and labour for these to be fitted by Darren at Unique. Top bloke and top company by the way, would well recommend. Then.... stay with me.. as was arranging the jobs to be done the engine light came on intermittently. Plug In revealed camshaft solenoid on Bank 1.. came to an agreement with the dealer on this.. long story short.. pretty long story already.. Car is now back from Unique and I am loving it! Can't stop smiling. Ocean Blue Metallic, 106,000 Miles, v good service history... hopefully pics uploaded below.. car hopefully behave itself now.. Not fretting just going to drive and enjoy. :lol:

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

I started with a 924. It took me another 22 years to get a 911. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. Didn't rush into it then :wink: A mere 2 years for me... still got the 924, looking to sell later this year.. if I can bring myself to part with it.. it's got a tartan interior..

Pics of 996 hopefully, everybody loves a pic..

Attachments

• img_1596_306.jpg
    img_1596_306.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 2,752
  • img_1598_863.jpg
    img_1598_863.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,752
Great looking car, good to hear that the dealer treated you properly too.

MC

Thanks. Yes dealer was thoroughly decent about the whole thing.. wasn't a cheap fix even at very reasonable rates.. The new solenoid made a massive difference in the performance and that PSE switch won't get tired!

Hi & welcome. Over in Langho here if it's anywhere near you. I'm sure I read the same story yesterday, either on Unique's FB page or in the NWTIPEC group.

Welcome to the forum buddy :thumb: hope it gives you lots of smiles per hour

Bank 1 solenoid wouldn't make much difference on performance only maybe some more torqque at lower revs as the solenoid would've been stuck in the advanced position. I may be wrong. Just had my bank 1 solenoid done last month. Not cheap job so good of the dealer to sort it :thumb:

Same goes for the back boxes.

Hi Alex, I did notice you were in the Shire also. I live in Clitheroe. I think we may have gone to the same school and have a few connections with valley folk. Small world. Be good to meet up at some point, talk Porsche. 8)

Might be more the exhaust with the oerformance but definitely picks up better. I think Darren from Unique is involved with TIPEC and may have mentioned my situation with the car.

Hi and welcome, lucky you as we are actually busy Northwest, just check Meets & Events for more info, also so nice your car has been cover by dealer.

Mookin said:
Hi Alex, I did notice you were in the Shire also. I live in Clitheroe. I think we may have gone to the same school and have a few connections with valley folk. Small world. Be good to meet up at some point, talk Porsche. 8)

Ribblesdale - I'm 47 so left in summer '87. Local stomping ground for me, Clitheore and Whalley.

Just had a look on Unique's FB page - they did a write-up on it on Friday.

The next time any of us are meeting up is at the Oulton Park trackday on 8th March. Will be a great day out and free to go and watch. Nothing but Porsche & a decent set of blokes.

Ahh my mistake. St Augustine's for me. 45 this year. Greg Warden, Simon McCuskey or Nick Lee ring any bells? Think Nick knows you?Grew up in Whalley. Think I saw your car at Aldi last week?! Meet up sounds good.

Yeah I know Nick from my party days. As well as many of the other Whalley lads. He was always a fan of mine when I used to DJ more. Yeah - I do go to Aldi quite often, usually around 8:13pm on a Wednesday night :grin:

As seen in my sig pic :)

If anyone asks though - I usually shop at booths. :cigar:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back