Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Burning smell - rear near side.

leasky

Monza
Had the old girl out for a run today in the nice weather (about 50 miles on 'progressive" B roads) got home, got out of her and was aware of a burning smell from the rear near side.

No obvious signs of anything untoward (no billowing smoke or flames licking the rear quarter) and no worrying readings on any dials etc. Nothing untoward occurred during the drive either. I Left her for a few minutes and the smell was away.

She isn't due anything (Service etc) and I have been using her pretty regularly over the past few months.

Any ideas before I call the local Stealer?

Followed pzero`s link, somewhat comforting to read that the burning smell is "normal"....?? But, I would check to see next doors cat has not crept in somewhere for a kip and ended up cooked.. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back