Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

20mm rear wheel spacers

jaw62

any comments on 20mm rear wheel spacers, 997.2 C2 S
might they damage the wheel arch.

It all depends on the wheel offsets you're going to use it with. Frpm memory 15mm are the go to size with std 2S wheels

15mm on my 2S with std wheels & 295 tyres brings them right out flush with the edge of the arch, Any more & they would stick outside the arch.

jaw62 said:
any comments on 20mm rear wheel spacers, 997.2 C2 S
might they damage the wheel arch.

20mm may be a bit much.
Try them and if they are to fat send them to me and I will thin them down for you. Free just pay the post.

There you go you cant say fairer than that.

Just pm me. Just spreading the love :D

I'd be tempted to try the old washer stack trick to see how far out the wheel gets pushed before buying.

Essentially use washers behind the wheel on 3 bolt locations to act as a spacer. Be sure to put the car on the deck and roll it back and forth a bit to get the ride height back, then see how the wheel and tyre sit.

I couldn't even go to 15mm with mine as the tyres with their rims saver edges stuck out and it looked crap. Perhaps if I was another 15mm lower it would have worked, but at -25mm it looked stupid. So I ended up with 5 and 12 rather than 7 and 15 mm spacers which is the norm by all accounts.

Just in case - don't forget you'll need longer wheel bolts to run spacers.

I'm running 15mm spacers at the rear with Oz Legerra wheels that have a +2mm greater offset, so 17mm combined, I have just lowered with Ohlins shocks by around 20mm, I reckon you couldn't go much more than this without running into problems. Also, the wider track/stance only looks right once the care is lowered, if not then in my opinion it just accentuates the gap between the wheels and the arch!

Before lowering
IMG-0133.jpg

Where's the after pic :dont know:

FZP said:
Where's the after pic :dont know:

:oops: Haven't had chance to take any pics from a similar angle yet! The only one I have:
DSC00764-copy.jpg

DucatiRob said:
I'm running 15mm spacers at the rear with Oz Legerra wheels that have a +2mm greater offset, so 17mm combined, I have just lowered with Ohlins shocks by around 20mm, I reckon you couldn't go much more than this without running into problems. Also, the wider track/stance only looks right once the care is lowered, if not then in my opinion it just accentuates the gap between the wheels and the arch!

Before lowering
IMG-0133.jpg

Rob - is that a turbo spoiler in that pic or just an add effect?

jonno_ said:
DucatiRob said:

Before lowering
IMG-0133.jpg

Rob - is that a turbo spoiler in that pic or just an add effect?

Yes it is Jonno, it is no longer on the car though! I had a modified Agency Power twin cone filter intake fitted as you can't use the standard airbox with the turbo wing. I just couldn't get the engine to run properly though so I ended up removing it after having he engine rebuilt. Keep thinking about refitting with a different airbox solution, but not so sure I will.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back