Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tote bin to fit the 997 frunk

PanozGTR

I am after a tote bin that will snuggly fit in the frunk space. This may sound a bit daft but I'm driving the 997 to Lemans 24hrs this year loaded with all the camping gear. I am thinking of taping polystyrene on the outside on arrival and making a makeshift cool box for the beer. That way I can fill the Tote bin with camping gear for the trip there, take the bin out on arrival and fill with ice. :thumb: Just recently I saw a suitable tote bin on another Porsche forum but my old brain has forgotten where. Has anybody got any suggestions

Thanks for the suggestion but I already have the boot liner. It is not deep enough for what I want. I was hoping to get a close fitting bin that reaches closer to the top of the frunk. I have been known to drink a lot of beer over the race weekend. :D

I have these. They're the exact dimensions of the trunk and also fit very snuggly in a vertical position on the rear seats without blocking vision. Some seller will print a kit name on them so I have PORSCHE printed on mine:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITRE-FO...-SOCCER-TEAM-ACCESSORIES-KIT-BAG/292814155573

Hold a whopping 110l which is larger than a large suitcase. Perfect for the job. Been using mine for 4 years now.

Just search for mitre kit bag on eBay. There's quite a few sellers at various prices for the same thing :thumb:

I guarantee you'll be happy with them. My GF can't even fill hers when we're away for 3 weeks.

Thanks for the reply Alex. But I'm actually looking for a solid plastic waterproof tote bin that will hold ice so that beer and wine bottles can be chilled down.

:thumb: Ah OK. Should've read the post properly :pc:

Excellent stuff Alex, that is exactly what I need. :thumb: I will toast you with my first cold beer at Le Mans. If you are going as well you are welcome to join me for a beer. Cheers

I have a couple of tote bins, I think I bought them from b&q, really cheap and they fit perfectly in the frunk, two them stacked on top of each other!

Thanks Rob I'll check B&Q out.

I have two track junk boxes; one for each car. I think they came from IKEA. They fit into the froot with space on top for a slab of beer, or a soft overnight duffel and a couple of jackets, whatever you need. They'd work as beer coolers if you take all the crap out, I suppose.

As with the Rennline thread, they tend to get covered with stickers at PCF meets, where you use them as markers for your spot in the pits. And your stuff doesn't get wet when it rains...

Thanks Max. It looks as if my plan for a makeshift beer cooler is going to work.

I have used plasters buckets in the past for holding beer for bbq's etc and they work perfectly, you can get a square one as well that might fit the space better and the handles make it easier to do the ice bucket challenge if you really have too many lemonades.

As they are flexible you can manipulate them into the space you have and also they wont damage the froot lid as they should just bend down if you go steady.

something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Excellent-Houseware-Flexible-Gardening-Building/dp/B07DW8PVSH

I actually have some of these flexible bins but l need a bin with rigid sides that l can stick polystyrene sides to all surfaces. I'm trying to replicate an lgloo cold box. I'm hoping that this will give 2 to 3 days or chilled beer and food. The idea is that no space is taken up by the tote bin so that l can maximise the space for all the other camping gear. The polystyrene will then be stored on top of everything in any space available.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back