Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Went to see my next car at Millennium heroes at the weekend

Appalling behaviour by the dealer. Especially 4hr round trip. Then they get shirty when customers give them the short end of the stick. What a waste and shame for a car that deserves better

Shame.. nice car but bad condition on an f-car means big bills.

Hang on, 'Boba Fett angry at dealer prep levels" shocker.... again.

:grin:

Only joking. That is bloody annoying. Why couldn't the salesman tell you it needed a respray over the phone? Jokers.
As G2 says, big bills sorting that. Aluminium panels furr up under the paint if not done right.

Lovely cars mind, so I hope you find one that you're happy with soon. :thumb:

This car was not prepared at all, I have seen replicas with better paintwork and finish :thumb:

You sure it wasn't a replica :dont know:

You did say that you didn't sit in it :floor:

Those MR2's were fast in their day you know :thumb:

And their advert reads:

EXTERIOR
The Giallo Modena paintwork is a deep, rich yellow that shows off the sculpted Pininfarina lines with perfection under our studio light. The bodywork is pleasingly blemish free with only a few small carefully touched in stone chips on the bonnet to note, commiserate with the mileage.

:floor:

C.

To be fair to them the paint is deep...
about 1mm deep at the window rubbers. :D

Loose rear lights must be a common issue then. My mate had a 430 spyder when it was almost new and one of his was rattling on the way back from Le Mans one year.
He bought a Scud after that. Awesome car. He's in a 458 now and a Huracan Performante.

Boba have you driven one with the F1 box? I couldn't live with that generation of auto.
458 is brilliant but anything before is a bit lacklustre, especially if you're used to or have driven PDK. If I was buying pre 458 it would have to be a manual.

Just my 2p. :thumb:

I suppose we should be grateful they 'commiserate with the mileage'
I assume they meant commensurate?
Perhaps English is not their first language :dont know:

Marky911 said:
To be fair to them the paint is deep...
about 1mm deep at the window rubbers. :D

Loose rear lights must be a common issue then. My mate had a 430 spyder when it was almost new and one of his was rattling on the way back from Le Mans one year.
He bought a Scud after that. Awesome car. He's in a 458 now and a Huracan Performante.

Boba have you driven one with the F1 box? I couldn't live with that generation of auto.
458 is brilliant but anything before is a bit lacklustre, especially if you're used to or have driven PDK. If I was buying pre 458 it would have to be a manual.

Just my 2p. :thumb:

Hi yes I have, its not perfect by any means but its a massive step up from SMG!!

Trouble is a manual F430 is around £120k now and treading on 458 territory, so not within budget for me.

Just working class here, an F430 is a dream I have been saving for!

Get yer ass back in a turbo. I know a couple of lads that have trodden the same path as you to a Fezza. And regretted it. Big time.

They're a rich mans car. By the sounds of it, you're a worker, just like me. My boyhood dream car was a 911 Turbo- and I've got one! I've thought long and hard about what next.... And I simply can't think of anything that will replace the turbo from a performance, value, costs and reliability point of view. It's a no brainer for me.

And also- Last summer a rather beautiful red 458 took me on along the ring road. I destroyed it. Felt a bit sorry for the young lad sat in there with him. It did sound nice though.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Get yer ass back in a turbo. I know a couple of lads that have trodden the same path as you to a Fezza. And regretted it. Big time.

They're a rich mans car. By the sounds of it, you're a worker, just like me. My boyhood dream car was a 911 Turbo- and I've got one! I've thought long and hard about what next.... And I simply can't think of anything that will replace the turbo from a performance, value, costs and reliability point of view. It's a no brainer for me.

And also- Last summer a rather beautiful red 458 took me on along the ring road. I destroyed it. Felt a bit sorry for the young lad sat in there with him. It did sound nice though.

Its not all about out right speed mate, I agree the 997 Turbo is a tour de force, mine was a missile, god help anything if they thought they could have a ago, and I miss it dearly after all the hours, blood, sweat, money and tears to get it one of the best - but the Fezza is just pure drama, tingles and emotion and you get the noise even just doing 30 mph.

I may well come back to a Turbo or GT3, but I would probably want my old car back.

Still love it and still love the 911 !!

Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Its not all about out right speed mate, I agree the 997 Turbo is a tour de force, mine was a missile, god help anything if they thought they could have a ago, and I miss it dearly after all the hours, blood, sweat, money and tears to get it one of the best - but the Fezza is just pure drama, tingles and emotion and you get the noise even just doing 30 mph.

I may well come back to a Turbo or GT3, but I would probably want my old car back.

Still love it and still love the 911 !!

Absolutely, it's not just about the sledgehammer speed. It is nice though :wink:

Years back my mate went from a 964 turbo (I think, bloody gorgeous it was) to a silver 360 Modena. Although he loved it he said he got very mixed reactions from the public. Bad reactions from jealous *****. One pi55ed up idiot jumped on his bonnet once while he was in stationary traffic and gave him the ***** sign. He got rid shortly after as he was so upset by this.

He's a lover not a fighter. I know what I'd have done....

Although your (former?) 911 is an absolute stunner, it's still a bit further under the radar than a fezza. Faster too :)

And talking of Ferrari paint. A guy I know bought a brand new 458 Speciale and wasn't happy with the finish. He spent a further 2.5k having it corrected :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back