Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who needs a 718 GT4!!

kan300

Thought about trying to getting a 718 GT4 but couldn't be bothered with waiting to see if I was special enough for OPC to let me have one. So now 981 GT4 prices have dropped I decided to swop my 997.2 and Boxster for one. Deal done with Nottingham OPC over the weekend and dropped off today. Just done a short drive in it and it's awesome :thumb:

Decided to go for GT Silver with 18 way seats and Steel Brakes. Saved a good chunk of money over buckets and carbon brakes which means I can get protection Film to Front area, Cills, etc

Attachments

• 4d122cb5_f6ae_488b_9046_b130d5dac91f_851.jpeg
    4d122cb5_f6ae_488b_9046_b130d5dac91f_851.jpeg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 6,819
Absolute corker, congratulations, please do post more about your early impressions :thumb:

Good choice chum :thumb:

I keep thinking about getting a GT4 as a replacement for me 996.1 GT3

Looks lovely, enjoy :thumb:

Looks amazing :worship:

But I would have paid extra for the buckets :grin:

I'd love to have one too :thumb:

How much for a respray to Acid green :mrgreen: ?

#well done lovely motor even in silver :thumb:

You'll be busy on Sat week giving Pax laps. I'll send out the memo to the neighbours

Your new car looks superb👍

I went the Spyder route. Same colour, 18ways etc.

The only negative on these cars - and it's possibly slightly worse on the GT4 - is the absence of ground clearance at the front. The extended lip on the PU just makes it even more pronounced.

Such a shame they never offered a front axle lift system.

Otherwise perfect :thumb:

I did worry about the front ground clearance but only after I had decided to buy it as there are 5 speed humps on our road. Thankfully it gets over them.

The saving I made by not going for buckets has gone towards buying a mid rise scissor lift for the garage. The clearance between the ramps and the cill of the GT4 is about 1 cm!!!

re speed humps / cushions - yes the cars do seem to clear those. It's ramps that are the problem, mainly because the lowest point (11cm) is so far ahead of the front wheels. As far as I can tell, the GT4 has exactly the same ground clearance as the Spyder, its just that the lip is a little further forward. If you read the blurb this is all about aerodynamics /balancing out the more larger rear spoiler / wing. Anyhow, a few scuffs on the underside of a bit of (easily replaceable) rubbery plastic is not the end of the world!

Excellent choice made , i bought exactly the same same 6 months ago albeit with carbon buckets . Gt Silver is such a great colour , njoy fella 👍🏻

Attachments

• b5a473d5_70c7_4d6c_80c0_a59f27eeb3fe_326.jpeg
    b5a473d5_70c7_4d6c_80c0_a59f27eeb3fe_326.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6,089
Just love these bad boys! Enjoy in good health!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back