Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres Query

rizla8100

Hi All its me again the Porsche Noob !!
Sorry in advance for silly queries :)

ok so when i purchased my beauty it was running Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (n1) tyres all round. the rears had worn out on the outer edge so these were changed. 3 months in wheel alignment was done by an Indie and 3 months on from that (approx 7K miles in total) the rears have worn again on the outer edge.

Some have said its normal for such soft tyre, some say uneven wear so must be alignment ( questioning the indie over dealer possibly) and some say bushes suspension etc

Coming from a diesel im looking for thoughts please.
im changing rears to michelin PS2 to see how they compare

Attachments added not sure if you can view

Attachments

• tyre_219.jpg
    tyre_219.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,483
  • align_139.jpg
    align_139.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 2,483
Got to be alignment.

Or worn bushes / balljoints.

I had weird tyre wear when I used to avoid speedbumps at work, you could just about drive around them with one tyre outer edge just hitting it. Then I noticed the outer edges of tyres were worn.

I slow right down and hit speed bumps square on now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back