Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vibrating Noice sound like its coming from front

love154

Took the car our for a spin yesterday and now have a Vibrating Noice sound. it sounds like its coming from front and only doing it on idle and not all the time and i can only hear it it inside. wont allow me to attach the sound

997.2 c4s my2009

thanks for looking

Is it inside or outside the cockpit, can you hear it from outside the car.

Rather tricky without more info, but there is a documented issue with rattling A/C lines up front I think. One of them (feed or return) comes out of a clip.

Post up more details and we can try to help a bit.

Stick a video on YouTube and paste a link here.

Ive emailed you back , the file is audio only so needs to be a video as youtube doesnt do just audio .. i tryed .

As per email .. it sounds like a loose undertray.

If you can do a video ill upload it here .

I will be watching with interest, no idea at all.

Can i just confirm .. this is at idle , you are not turning the steering wheel and its from the front or the rear ?

Can you hear it outside of the car or only inside ? if so is it more right or more left ?

its from idol and sound like its coming from the front right. dont happen all the time just now and then. started the car tonight and have no knocking but only had it running for a few mins

OK .. do me a favour .. when the noise starts slowly turn the steering wheel to either the left or the right .. hold it on full lock and see if the noise changes .

My best guess atm .. a steering rack pipe is not in its bracket and is vibrateing against the body work .

At the end of the day if stationary then there is no movement from any suspension component .. there is no wind flow to cause a loose undertray to vibrate .. there is very little actually going on .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back