Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Warranty - what's allowed?

996Jane

So, with my 996 gone to a new owner this morning, I'm now looking for a nice new(er) one.

A question came to mind, which I think I know the answer to, but would using a car on track invalidate an OPC warranty?

If so, my other half is going to be very disappointed 😀

I take it the warranty is worth having and covers everything?

Many thanks,

(Soon to be 997)Jane

I don't see why not. Who's going to know if you like the odd track day? Don't tell them! And remove or cover your plates before you trundle down pit lane.

Regards Porsche warranty, you're pretty much tied down with any mods. It has to remain standard. It's a right old hot potato of a topic on here.

Enjoy the 997 when you find one! :thumbs:

I have OPC warranty on my 997.

Never used mine on a track and not really able to comment on all that is covered or not covered.

But having used my warranty twice in 18 months, one for new air conditioning condensers and then the wireless unit packed up. They replaced that also with no questions.

My OPC is Solihull and has been for many years and can honestly say I will continue with the warranty so yeah all good from my experience. :wink:

996Jane said:
(1) A question came to mind, which I think I know the answer to, but would using a car on track invalidate an OPC warranty?

(2) I take it the warranty is worth having and covers everything?

(1) The warranty itself wouldn't be invalidated 'per se' although the wording of the 'exclusions' in the policy summary states that a claim shall be invalid if the defect results from, among other things:

"Improper use or overstraining of the Vehicle"

As long as the car isn't over-revved I'd argue strongly that using a 911 on a track day does not constitute improper use.

(2) The warranty covers any part of the car that fails due to a manufacturing defect. It is well worth having if you value peace of mind and are happy to keep your car un-modified. It doesn't take a very big replacement part + labour to recover the annual warranty cost.

My own experience is detailed here --> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=104133&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=heavens

T8 said:
996Jane said:
(1) A question came to mind, which I think I know the answer to, but would using a car on track invalidate an OPC warranty?

(2) I take it the warranty is worth having and covers everything?

(1) The warranty itself wouldn't be invalidated 'per se' although the wording of the 'exclusions' in the policy summary states that a claim shall be invalid if the defect results from, among other things:

"Improper use or overstraining of the Vehicle"

As long as the car isn't over-revved I'd argue strongly that using a 911 on a track day does not constitute improper use.

(2) The warranty covers any part of the car that fails due to a manufacturing defect. It is well worth having if you value peace of mind and are happy to keep your car un-modified. It doesn't take a very big replacement part + labour to recover the annual warranty cost.

My own experience is detailed here --> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=104133&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=heavens

"What T8 said

I had a 996 GT3 that was heavily tracked under an OPC warranty for a few years

Did you get more than £10 and a Mars bar for your 996 :dont know:

:grin:

HSC911 said:
WOAH!!!! :eek:

Might put mine up for sale too...

:grin:

Is it a 997.2 CS4? If so, I've also got an opened, but kept sealed, family pack of onion rings to add to the mix 👍 😀 ❤️

HOLD ON......are we talking corn snacks here :dont know: 'cos if we are then it's Branigans Beef & Mustard all the way, closely followed by Monster Munch B&O :judge:

:thumb:

It has been a while since I last ran in warranty, but I have made claims in the past from track use (one of which occurred on track and another of which could only be reproduced on a track) and not had any issues. As long as you don't buzz the engine with a missed downshift you are well covered - certainly more so than with any other warranty product.

Now you can't change anything on the car of course (not even an aftermarket battery or brake disks) if you plan to subsequently extend an OPC warranty, but if you are keeping the car stock and like to be covered it really is the only one to consider.

HSC911 said:
HOLD ON......are we talking corn snacks here :dont know: 'cos if we are then it's Branigans Beef & Mustard all the way, closely followed by Monster Munch B&O :judge:

OMG you are driving a hard bargain, I can't go to Branigans, but maybe a family pack of Walkers cheese and onion??

🤓

996Jane said:
OMG you are driving a hard bargain, I can't go to Branigans, but maybe a family pack of Walkers cheese and onion?? 🤓

Walker's :eek:

Jog on...(pun intended) :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back