Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Porsche 992 reviewed by Chris Harris

Nice to see they picked the fastest colour for a launch review again.

Really good review. Like it when someone that knows/owns a car does a review on the new one and does the geeky bits properly. Especially things like the sticker comment :floor:

Thanks for posting - I really like Chris Harris, especially when he picks up on geeky details, such as the new door handles. And when he's honest - for example "I can't tell you anything about the ride quality yet".

As for the car itself, mmm yes please. Apart from the back (particularly the high level brake light) I think it looks great, or would do in a "quieter" colour, it appears to sound good, it's very, very fast, and I love the cabin. If only it wasn't so expensive.

Most of all though, it seems to be a proper 911, which is refreshing as we head inevitably towards an electric future.

I'm still watching and re-watching his first review of the 991.1S and lusting after one of them so I'll wait a few years before watching this one.

OK, I lied about the second bit. :wink:

T8 said:
I'm still watching and re-watching his first review of the 991.1S and lusting after one of them so I'll wait a few years before watching this one.

OK, I lied about the second bit. :wink:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Think they've lost it on the front grill/lower bumper. Like they ran out of time or the designer was ill on that day, big rectangle devoid of all character or style IMO.

Like the rest though, and kicking out roughly the same bhp as the 996T IIRC.

What a great video :thumb:
Interesting point about the gear change which is almost at manually changed tiptronic speeds!!😂
I have watched it a few times and to me it is definitely a slower change than the earlier cars on the YouTube vids that I have compared it to.

Thanks for posting the link.

I think it looks great and perhaps if I was promised a new Porsche that would be enough to get me out in the cold to the garage to create a space :)

While I have no doubt re the ergonomics I just thought it all looked a tad black and bland, but then I am indeed a self confessed Luddite. If you have never had a Porsche steering wheel writhe in your hand... then I suspect you have missed out to some degree. :dont know:

kas750 said:
What a great video :thumb:
Interesting point about the gear change which is almost at manually changed tiptronic speeds!!😂
I have watched it a few times and to me it is definitely a slower change than the earlier cars on the YouTube vids that I have compared it to.

I'm sure there's a button somewhere to speed it up.

I can't get past the bottom half of the back of the car looking like a hovercraft. The rest of the car look cool inside and out.

Attachments

• 421a3b93858a2eb4436c2595c7f1ada9_105.jpg
    421a3b93858a2eb4436c2595c7f1ada9_105.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 5,857
  • 992_porsche_911_rear_897.jpg
    992_porsche_911_rear_897.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 5,857
Superb video. Thanks for posting :thumb:
I absolutely love this car! So much so the 991.2 fund has now been cancelled and its now called the 992 fund!
I think I'll keep my 981 S for a few more years as prices seem to be rising slowly.
:thumb:

The 'essay' of Pork script is on the rear bumper :dont know:

Why :nooo:

Should be above the other Porsche script and under the engine cover 'vents' IMHO :judge:

:thumb:

Very good video. The 992 sounds great!

It's all yellow :worship:

Good review.

Overall I like the car but I still have misgivings about the rear, it seems just a bit too fussy and the lightbar/logo look they'll fill up with road grime in minutes (and be more difficult to clean than the last generation). Maybe it'll look better in the flesh.

I'm sure they'll sell every one they make, though...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back