Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 rear bumper options

wing

Hi All ,

I dont' like the stock rear bumper on the 991.1, and did a search on the net, but only can find the turbo rear bumper from Techart, but they let me know these do not fit the 991.1 C4 model.
Any idea's or suggestions what will fit the car ?
Thanks
Stefan

Well, not surprised that there haven't seen a response to your question -- You are very limited in swapping-out or modifying the 991 rear bumper cover. Only options (and ALL require some modification) are swapping out for a GT3 or TT rear bumper, but those aren't that significantly different overall than what you have already. Are you also looking to replace rear trunk lid and wing, etc.? Change from dual rear exhaust to center exhaust? Rear valance? Lights? What?

Of course if money no object you could do a complete custom rear.... LOL.

What are you trying to accomplish?

like i found on the net the GT3 and TT rear bumper do not fit, these are wider as a C4
I was just looking if there where any options to swap out the stock rear bumper to a other one.....

wing said:
like i found on the net the GT3 and TT rear bumper do not fit, these are wider as a C4
I was just looking if there where any options to swap out the stock rear bumper to a other one.....

You should be able to swap-out the stock C4 rear cover for the GT3 cover -- It's been done. The C4/C4S and GT cars are all wide-body. Doesn't mean that they are simple plug-and-play swaps of course! You definitely would need to modify the GT3 rear cover and certainly change to the GT3 center exhaust and so on.

Check on RennList. There was a member that took his C4S or GTS car (can't remember which) and turned it into a GT3 look-alike with all-factory parts. So it can be done!

ok thanks for this idea, but i don't want to change the exhaust system...
But anyway, thanks fot the tip.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back