Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New engine

porscheski

Nurburgring
I am planning on selling my 996 cabriolet very soon. 2003 car with the 3.6 engine. I have been putting the paperwork in order and ordering all the old MOT certificates. I have a thick folder of old bills which I never looked through from the day I bought it. In this paperwork there is a bill for a new engine back in 2009. The car currently sits at around 93,000 miles and the engine was replaced at around 35.000 miles. All the corresponding e mail letters between the then owner the dealer who supplied and the customer service at Porsche where they all argue for how much of the cost each is willing to pay. Engine was replaced at a Porsche dealer and was supplied by them.
My question is this after all that intro: will there be any difference between the new engine and the one supplied with the car at manufacture? I read such a lot about various seals and bearings but have not really paid much attention to it. Mostly I just drive my car. I wondered if it made any practical difference and basically would it add value to the car?
Thanks in advance, John.

Depends what year the engine was changed. Newer engines have dofferent parts. For example, if you were to buy the latest 3.4 block off Porsche it has the latter 997 ims bearing in it.

The engine was changed in 2009.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back