Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retrofitting Heated Seats and Sports seats v comfort seats

160dmb

I have been offered a set of sports seats for my 997.2 C2s - which is currently fitted with non-heated comfort seats.

I am not sure if the sports seats are heated yet.

2 questions

1. What are people thoughts on one type of seat versus the other
2. Has anyone retrofitted heated seats to a non-heated seat car?

Thanks in advance
David

Hi,
I am not sure if it is a straight swap, I think you might need a controller for the heated sports seats so maybe find that out first :thumbs:

There's a bum for every seat. I prefer the adaptive seats. Some like the standard seats with heating and cooling. Had sports seats in a 996 and there was a bit of a preference for those, but hardly universal.

Re: Retrofitting Heated Seats and Sports seats v comfort sea

160dmb said:
I have been offered a set of sports seats for my 997

If you don't buy them, can you pass the seller's details to me please :D

:thumb:

Sometime new sports seats are plug & play, and sometimes not.

I would only buy seats if I could drive to the seller and test fit them (you can ship your old seats back) or get an agreement from the seller you can return them.

I was potentially buying a 2009 997.2 C4S a few years back. It had the LWBs, which the owner was selling separately. He bought replacement 18-way sports seats from a 2010 997TT and... no workey. He spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out whether it was wiring, programming, whatever. I eventually moved on and bought a different car.

While that was happening, both of us were researching forums, etc. looking at both 987.x and 997.x reports (they mostly use the same seats). There didn't seem to be a consistent pattern. Some people popped them in and they worked right away. Some had to modify wiring, some would ask for help but not report back on the outcome.

Never did figure out the underlying root causes / patterns as to why it worked for some, but not others.

Karl.

Massive improvement for me sports plus seats over 'comfort' seats. I'd be doing it depending on the price you are being offered them at. You will need to get a new button panel as well of course to add the heated seat buttons, and turn them on in PIWIS. Not sure if you need a controller.

Even if you don't want to go the rest of the way to get the heated seats working, those are better seats anyway.

It's an upgrade I'm planning on my 981 Boxster.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will be able to trial fit them before I buy but not sure if I will be able to try the heated part as I dont have the switch etc.

If I have the sports seats I might have the comfort ones for sale (black) if that's of any help.

What is the right price for comfort or sports seats? Pm me if you prefer.

Depends on condition. They are basic seats do not too valuable. There's a set on eBay for £395. Been in there a while.

Sports seats over comfort seats for me evrytime, not a fan of heated seats, mine had them but they never worked from day, they can default if you remove the battery and need PWIS to sort, never bothered me so I did not sort them, car never goes out in winter generally.
Fitting heated seats in to a car which originally did not have them will turn out to be a PITA due to modern canbus systems, gone are the days when you could just hard wire stuff as is fitting seats from a car with seat memory function but not fitted to the car, you will need looms and control units etc and a trip to the workshop to configure them........depends on how determined you are.
Ultimate seats for me are the Gt3 buckets, readily available for Jin on here (HSC 911) :thumbs:

I bought the sports seats and they are now fitted and on an extensive trial!

It seems fitting OEM seating heating is a rather large and painful job so I am currently researching non OEM options. If anyone has done this on a 997 (this car is Gen II) and can save me making silly mistakes I would be much obliged.

Particular questions
1. Which aftermarket seat heating kits are to be recommended/avoided?
2. Where did you mount the aftermarket seat heating switches?
3. Anything I should know about taking the seats apart to fit the elements?
4. The sports seats seem top 'creak' more than the comfort one's - where do I look to cure 'creakiness'?

Thanks
David

Hi David,

Were the Sport Seats a straight forward one for one replacement?

I'd like to add Sport Seats to a purchase I'm about to make that has Comfort Seats fitted.

Martin.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back