Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any idea on what this Boxster is worth?

segart

Hi guys abd gals,
My friend has asked me to find him an affordable boxster. He has 5 grand available. I have seen an '03 boxster 3.2 s, auto, 65k miles, black on black, full history, new water pump and LTT. On offer at 4995. Does that sound reasonable? I have yet to view it in the flesh but i am told it is in good condition any comments welcome.
Thx
Rick

Doesn`t sound like a bad price to me :thumb:

When I was looking for a cheap Boxster as a track car last year I couldn`t find anything below that sort of price, especially an S.

The days of the £1500 Boxster bargains are now gone I think :grin:

I presume you`ve had a look on Boxa.net to see what is for sale :?:

No Kris, boxa.net is new to me but thanks and i will take a look.
Cheers
Rick

Sounds a good price to me too, even in the middle of winter and the jitters around the economy. I think a 2003 car will be a facelift model (many little changes including glovebox and glass rear screen in the hood). I paid nearly £7k for mine last May, fabulous sports car for the money and there are plenty around to chose from, condition will vary widly of course as will spec. Heated seats are something to look out for in my view.

Best to warn your friend that the budget required is unlikely to end at the purchase. With a 15-16 year old Boxster, you know the drill, could easily need the suspension and brakes looking at, condensers, coil packs, tyres and a major service. My first bill to get off to a good start was £1500.

Here's a guide that you and your friend may find helpful if you haven't seen it.

http://www.revolution-porsche.co.uk/buyers-guides/buying-a-porsche-boxster-986

Thanks for that MJA and the link is really useful. If i had a bit more soace i would be tempted by a nice 5k boxster as a terrific summer runabout.
Cheers Rick

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back