Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Red Seat Belts

Gribbo

Afternoon All

I'm in the process of giving the interior a bit of brighten up, had the clock faces changed to white with a red tacho and the steering wheel redone with red stitching. Now looking at red seat belts but the cost of new ones is horrendous. Found this firm https://www.quickfitsbs.com/ who can re-webb the original ones for a fraction of the price they have sent some samples which look good.........just wondering if anyone has used them and what they think of the results/service.

Many thanks

Many do use these guys and the other company many use are http://www.fdts-seatbelts.co.uk

both seem to use the same webbing supplier as when I was looking they both used the same codes . So I just used the nearest to me. Porsche grade webbing and I am very pleased with them. hope your quoted something around £35 per belt.

heres a couple of pics of mine , I wanted a blue as close to body colour as I could get , match is pretty dam good.

:thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2220_188.jpg
    img_2220_188.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,389
  • img_2218_102.jpg
    img_2218_102.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,389
I spoke with the manager of SBS previously about getting the frayed belts on my SC replaced and he was both knowledgeable and helpful. I came across them following a recommendation on the Impactbumpers.com forum, but didn't actually use them in the end as the car was sadly lost to an engine fire a short time later. So, I can say they have good customer service, but unfortunately don't have first hand experience of their workmanship.

As an aside, can you advise where you got your coloured dials fitted?

Thanks
MF

Phil 997....thanks for the response they look superb ill give them a try I
think they are a little closer to me.

Hi MF

Reep Automotive Design (Julian Reep) did the dial faces http://www.reapautomotivedesign.com/ he is a bit of a nightmare to get hold of but worth in the end

Attachments

• instruments_214.jpg
    instruments_214.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,334
Seatbelts

I can recommend qickfitsbs Andy, I had them provide belts for my 1966 Mercedes, excellent turnaround and great instructions.

Phil977 they look great - Was it a case of removing the belts and posting them out to fdts, or do they need the car?

Re: Seatbelts

Allan E said:
I can recommend qickfitsbs Andy, I had them provide belts for my 1966 Mercedes, excellent turnaround and great instructions.

I can certainly recommend and agree with quickfit seatbelts. They have done several sets of belts for me spanning over 20 years. Latest belts were for our 987 which got red belts. Fast turn round and always quality and reasonable prices.
A often overlooked bonus of having older belts replaced is just how much better the inertial reel works and fells, almost like new with a nice controlled and speedy return :thumb:

I did exactly the same to my 996.2 at Reap about seven years ago, guards red revs with white dials either side. I also fitted red seat belts but they were at the dealership as they were doing a good deal at the time. I just painted the brake calipers red to match. My car was bought abroad and it's white with beige interior. Not to my taste at the time but it was the only manual available in the country and I've had it over ten years now. I fitted sports seats and colour matched the seat backs white and I fitted some black interior trim to break it up, it looks nice but I could be biased as it's part of the family. It's parked up now cherished in my garage abroad and I only get to drive it a few times year but when I do I smile like a Cheshire cat.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back