Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Powerflex Bushes

DucatiRob

Hi guys! So my car is all booked in with Centre Gravity at the end of the month to have my new Ohlins R&T fitted, set-up and full geo! At the same time I will be replacing the top mounts, control arms and diagonals all round. Tempted by the spyderperfomance ebay deal, for £500 I looks great value and reviews are good. The kit comes with Powerflex bushes, which again have great reviews, and seem to fit the sort of feel I want from the car, lots of steering feel. I probably won't go Powerflex all round, partly to keep cost down but also I don't want to ruin the ride completely. Interested to get others views or experience with using Powerflex for the control arms and diagonals?

I've had no issues since realignment, I was suffering bump steer issues initally which was probably exaggerated by the bushes and how much I've lowered my car by in my opinion.

The cost of the arms is cheaper than OEM, the quality of the arms ignoring the powerflex bushes seems fine to me.

The only issue I had was the gen 2 front arms are a different to the rear so I had to replace the forks also but if you've got a 997.1 that's not an issue for you.

ninenineseven said:
I've had no issues since realignment, I was suffering bump steer issues initally which was probably exaggerated by the bushes and how much I've lowered my car by in my opinion.

The cost of the arms is cheaper than OEM, the quality of the arms ignoring the powerflex bushes seems fine to me.

The only issue I had was the gen 2 front arms are a different to the rear so I had to replace the forks also but if you've got a 997.1 that's not an issue for you.

That's good to know :thumb: I've heard that Powerflex bushes can creak a little, not hard to grease up on the control and diagonal arms, which is why I will probably stick with standard elsewhere!

I'm guessing that a lot of these pattern parts are probably made in the same factory!

DucatiRob said:
ninenineseven said:

That's good to know :thumb: I've heard that Powerflex bushes can creak a little, not hard to grease up on the control and diagonal arms, which is why I will probably stick with standard elsewhere!

I'm guessing that a lot of these pattern parts are probably made in the same factory!

I've not noticed any creaking yet, but then the ball joints on the old ones of mine were shot so were making all sorts of noises. :lol:

I've got a bunch of Powerflex (and a few Whiteline) bushes on the other car, and never had any new or special creaks. Maybe a little additional NVH from the engine mounts, but that's common. I wouldn't worry for a moment.

Thanks guys, had a chat with CG today, that have had experience of these bushes creaking, apparently the inner control arm ones rubbing against the subframe when the grease gets washed away, usually on cars that are used daily, mine isn't so need to think what to do :?:

Be aware that the Spyder arms have slightly larger hole for the inner bushes than standard arms, there is just under 1mm difference. Doesn't sound a lot and will be fine for a short while with brand new poly bushes but as there is some slack there will be more wear in the future. With the extra space the wear will be quicker than if they were all a tight fit.

I bought a pair of Spyder arms for the front of mine and I had to sleeve the arms to get a tight fit on my bushes. They told me they had never had this problem before but I also found on here someone else had the same problem and complained to them, so they do actually know there is an issue.

See here, bottom of page 6

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120681&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

ps, I've had Powerflex bushes in my coffin arms for about 6-7 years and they have never creaked.

infrasilver said:
Be aware that the Spyder arms have slightly larger hole for the inner bushes than standard arms, there is just under 1mm difference. Doesn't sound a lot and will be fine for a short while with brand new poly bushes but as there is some slack there will be more wear in the future. With the extra space the wear will be quicker than if they were all a tight fit.

I bought a pair of Spyder arms for the front of mine and I had to sleeve the arms to get a tight fit on my bushes. They told me they had never had this problem before but I also found on here someone else had the same problem and complained to them, so they do actually know there is an issue.

See here, bottom of page 6

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120681&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

ps, I've had Powerflex bushes in my coffin arms for about 6-7 years and they have never creaked.

Thank you for letting me know! Good job I haven't ordered them yet. I will have a serious think about which way to go! Doubt I will go with the Spyder Performance arms now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back