Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

77amp vs 85 amp battery - 996 Carrera

tedzwedz

Hi all, HNY!

My battery has gone flat and the garage says its done for.

I got it from Eurocarparts 2.5 yrs ago (supposedly guaranteed for 5 years but I am speaking to them about that).

It is a Type 096 Car Battery 780CCA Bosch Silver S5 12V 77Ah

Interestingly Sam at No.5 Garage www.no5garage.co.uk in Acton/Chiswick says he recommends an 85amp battery not 77amp to give more grunt.

He says Porsche probably recommended 77amp but 85 is better.

He recommends Excell batteries too.

Do we agree with the 85amp thing vs 77amp? Any reason not too?

I've got to order one ASAP !

Best

Edward

Take the battery and receipt to ECP, they will exhange it.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Take the battery and receipt to ECP, they will exhange it.

MC
Cheers yes im going to do that anyway, its more whether 85amp is better than 77amp etc.

More capacity won't hurt, unless you are a weight weany. 85Ah is more capacity. Whether it also delivers more grunt is another matter.

Magic919 said:
More capacity won't hurt, unless you are a weight weany. 85Ah is more capacity. Whether it also delivers more grunt is another matter.

Ah ok thank you!

wasz said:
A battery with a higher CCA (cold cranking amps) figure has more grunt.

85 vs 77 Ah will just take longer to run your battery down when you leave your headlights on.

Of course the 85 likely has a higher CCA figure than the 77 but not always.

Thank you! That may have been what he meant I think!

Tayna usually beat CP4L and ECP on price. Despite what you read here CP4L and ECP are separate companies.

Ok I was bored and intrigued by ECP / CP4L.

CP4L is listed as a dormant company with this statement in their annual return:

"The company is dormant and has not traded in the period. The company was appointed as agent for Euro Car Parts Limited, with all sales and associated costs being reflected in the financial statements of the principal. There has been no other income or expenditure in the period. Any expenses have been met by the parent company."

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07596462/filing-history

So technically yes a different company, but order from CP4L and you are ordering from ECP.

Incidentally sounds like ECP are in hot water. They wewre taken over a few years back, and are now making big cuts and the founder (a Ugandan refugee) has just resigned.

https://www.am-online.com/news/supp...parts-founder-sukhpal-singh-ahluwalia-resigns

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back